Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
gundog
    Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:00 pm

I am considering a 625 miller. Love the portability aspect of them. What would be in direct competition with the 675? What features would be a must have in a plasma torch?I have used a swack of plasma torches but have not used any of the new gen torches that are portable.
Last edited by gundog on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oMw70f9sFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsbqWr1FAL0

Hey, I know this is a 625 but it may help. If you are wondering what the honey badger is, have a look on youtube, video by randall. LOL

Mick
gundog
    Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Yeah Mike I meant the 625. I was thinking of the smaller one when typing. Just trying to figure out some of the comp to the 625. Perhaps features that might be nice. Just want to make a good educated choice.
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

Hypertherm's powermax 45, ESAB powercut 700 and Thermal dynamics cutmaster 52 are all direct competitors. I have a powermax 45. The powermax is considered by many to be the bestbut short of putting them side by side in a cnc machine for testing, I don't think you will notice a difference. I almost got the 625 for the dual voltage capability but ended up going with the PM45 because the miller wasn't rated for 50hz. Onne thing the PM has that I don't think the miller does is a remote port for machine cutting.
Nick
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

I should also add that the miller is a good bit smaller and lighter. I did look at the 625 spec sheet and the duty cycle on 110 isn't really that good but 20% duty at 27amps is still a good bit of cutting on thinner material. Also, Hypertherm only does plasma. They have the longest consumable life. For a time miller machines were sold with HT torches. The fact that just about every machine in the class gets compared to the powermax says something in itself as well.
Nick
450dualsport
    Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:46 am

+1 on the Powermax 45. I just got one a month ago and couldn't be happier. It has better specs than the Miller and seems to be slightly cheaper too.
Jason_alex
    Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:41 pm

I ran a cutmaster A120 on a 10' Nachi robot I was very impressed. I now have an HD3070 (older hypertherm hy definiton plasma cutter and love it!) If i was going to buy as plasma I would get Hypertherm first then Thermal Dynamics. I also have a Big table running a twin thermal dynamics that will cut 2"
pmac99
    Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:33 pm

i would go with plasma. and do it with zinc steel.