Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
pez
  • pez
    Sat May 09, 2015 3:31 am

I was cutting some heavy (~8mm) angle iron today with my 50A plasma. Due to the shape I was a bit limited on what I could use as a guide.

On my torch it has a tapered nozzle, so I found as I ramped up the bar I was using as a guide and it tended to wander. Poor effort!

Anyone made some sort of parallel sided guide to fit on their torch? There is a notch in the cup that looks like I could clip something into. Looking for ideas to do it better, and cheaper than just hours of freehand practice...
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Don't know what torch you have but " Shop River " has roller guides which double as circle cutting guides for most common torches - the fact your machine is 50amp with a tapered cup I imagine it may be the typical Chines issue SG55 / AG60 torch - below is a Ebay link for item - obviously check your torch first or use it as an idea to make one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SG-55-Plasma- ... 19cbe2d912
pez
  • pez
    Sat May 09, 2015 3:31 am

Yeah it's a sg55 torch. Not much money to buy, I was going to DIY but that's prob a better/cheaper option.