Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
rr41mag
    Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm

It's been a long and rough last couple months for me. I have a background of 14 years in the machine/welding shop for the AF. I never had a problem with the aircraft welding cert. Fast forward to the civilian world. I was never formally trained in mig welding. To be honest alot of what I learned I learned from this forum. As most know I failed my first tests. Overhead and vert 1/2 steel mig welded. Back to the drawing board and lots more reasearch on the internet asking stupid questions doubleing up on my adderal and I made my second attempt. I wasn't worried about the aluminum butt joint 22" long horz. I've always loved welding aluminum. So to formally inform yall I got notice today all my welds passed. I want to take this opportunaty to thank all yall that answered all my questions. You all deserve a cold one cause you helped this guy get through this. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Congratulations!!!

Don't go spreading that praise too thick, though... In the end it was YOUR welds that passed. Have that cold one, yourself!

Steve S
rr41mag
    Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Steve, I couldn't have done it without you guys. Yes I'm having a cold one but thanks to all you!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

All right, for however this group contributed,

"You're welcome."

But it was still YOUR welds that passed!

Steve S