Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

Morning guys, stupid question I’m sure, on my old Tig, and I’m talking 18 year old machine, I’m going to. Put a foot pedal on, which I’s fine,but when i was looking at the machine to check connection type i noticed this (attached pic) can someone tell me what its for, instructions have long since gone and am just curious?? Cheers!!!!
Attachments
B6AC74CD-5BF0-43D5-8B97-C564CCF725D3.jpeg
B6AC74CD-5BF0-43D5-8B97-C564CCF725D3.jpeg (67.97 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Franz©
    Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 pm

I do American Standard English, Russian and a bit of Aussie. International take a guess what this is a picture of isn't one of my strengths, but I'll throw foot pedal connects here out there as my best guess.
Fair dincum.
Darrin

Franz© wrote:I do American Standard English, Russian and a bit of Aussie. International take a guess what this is a picture of isn't one of my strengths, but I'll throw foot pedal connects here out there as my best guess.
Fair dincum.
Your Aussie is good Franz!! I should have attached the full image, I think the foot remote is the blue 7 pin?? Thanks mate.
Attachments
90D6F2D9-35FA-49BE-BEC8-3C63BD5831B9.jpeg
90D6F2D9-35FA-49BE-BEC8-3C63BD5831B9.jpeg (73.35 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Franz©

Might be something to do with being upside down and having to make so many ovederhead welds down there.

That machine has more knobs and plugs than a sane man needs, wonder if it's supposed to interact with a robot?

Only possible I can think, if green is foot, could orange be for a thumb knob on the torch?
Darrin

Franz© wrote:Might be something to do with being upside down and having to make so many ovederhead welds down there.

That machine has more knobs and plugs than a sane man needs, wonder if it's supposed to interact with a robot?

Only possible I can think, if green is foot, could orange be for a thumb knob on the torch?

Might be onto something there mate!! Hadn’t thought of a torch remote.... weird plug too, cant find any reference to it anywhere....has been a great unit, but i hear what you say about all the knobs compared to new machines.....and a lot less weight too....!!! Thanks again. And my overhead welds suck!!!!
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Franz©

you have a manufacturer and model number for the machine?
Darrin

Franz© wrote:you have a manufacturer and model number for the machine?
It’s an Esseti 200 ac/dc, cant find anything online, bit old i think....ill email the Kiwis, they look like they are the closest distributor, see if they have an archive....
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Franz©

Don't know what them Kiwi boys are up to,

Found this, definitely looks like the machine was built for Oz, says it's inverted.
https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/W174

Might try these guys too
https://www.machines4u.com.au/browse/We ... 276/Perth/

http://www.likecoolcase.com/esseti/esse ... manual.pdf

Kiwi site
http://www.esseti.co.nz/welding-machines-c-103_112.html
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

from what i can google esseti was Italian and are long gone.
the nz web site is just a left over of the kiwi importer.

you would have to find if someone has uploaded a manual for one. be aware theres a lot of BS hijacker pdf's pretending to be an esseti manual.
tweak it until it breaks
Franz©

Looks like the Kiwis managed to abscond with the company.

Maybe you can trade them some vegimite & Fosters for the manual.
Darrin

Franz© wrote:Looks like the Kiwis managed to abscond with the company.

Maybe you can trade them some vegimite & Fosters for the manual.
Looks that way!!!! Thanks again mate!!!
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Darrin

tweake wrote:from what i can google esseti was Italian and are long gone.
the nz web site is just a left over of the kiwi importer.

you would have to find if someone has uploaded a manual for one. be aware theres a lot of BS hijacker pdf's pretending to be an esseti manual.
I found that out!!! Thanks mate!!
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

That symbol reminds me of a weld positioner. I wonder if they linked the foot pedal on the TIG to a control on a positioner
Multimatic 255
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Maybe a shot in the dark but with only 3pins it's likely not a torch switch which only needs 2 & a pedal needs 5 so how about remote amptrol for stick welding - quite common here doing 7018 root as cellulose rods are quite rare & very few procedures exist for it unlike the US.
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

It is a totally different process in Australia. Australian gravity being reversed, it is necessary to use helium to prevent TIG weld from floating away before it freezes. Argon being neutrally buoyant, is no help when molten filler is trying to float up out of the weld joint. As everything in Australia is reversed, helium weights filler until it cools.

Willie
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Bill Beauregard wrote:It is a totally different process in Australia. Australian gravity being reversed, it is necessary to use helium to prevent TIG weld from floating away before it freezes. Argon being neutrally buoyant, is no help when molten filler is trying to float up out of the weld joint. As everything in Australia is reversed, helium weights filler until it cools.

Willie
Don't forget the water goes down the wrong way around the drain too!
It''s amazing they don't fall off the earth being upside down all the time.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Franz©

They have adapted well to their circumstance over the Centuries since being imprisoned on the island by the Brits.
The ability to cling to the planet with just their toes is impressive.

They even weld with machines emblazoned with International Symbols known no place else on the planet.

I just feel sorry for them and Kiwis having to make so many overhead welds.
Downwindtracker2
    Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:36 pm

My wife and I were touring around Aus,on the Gibb River Road, we were called Americans. I told the him that was the same as an Aussie being called a Kiwi.
Man of foolish pursuits
Millermatic 250x MIG
Magnum (Hugong) Wave 200KD ac/dc TIG
Liquid Air O/A torch
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Oh dear - did you take first swing & then tell him or did you explain his error & then take a swing ?
Franz©

Note to BC dweller; British Columbia (a confusing nomenclature) is a Province of Canada. Canada is located on the land mass nomenclatured North America.
Ergo, Canadians are Americans.

You were probably confused when visiting Oz due to your lack of experience with excess blood locating to your cranial cavity as well as spinning around Earth's axis in the wrong direction. Fortunately, Aussies have adapted to these body adjustments and were there to help you.
On future visits to Oz, try to remember their Emergency Services can be reached by phone by dialing 000, 112 or 106, but NOT 911. Evidently Aussies have so many emergency situations they need 3 numbers. Just pop the cap on a Fosters, dial 000, and sit back to await the arrival of Emergency workers. Not having a cold Fosters available does not constitute an emergency according to the people answering 000, but making such a call will result in minimally 3 uniformed Aussies arriving at your side to force feed you a large can of Vegimite.

The Oz Tourist Bureau doesn't tell you these things prior to arrival.
Downwindtracker2

Franz there is more Fosters in USA, then in Aus. In Western Australia and Northern Territory, I resorted to drinking Great Northern. Well the strongest available at 4.5%, it was still just one step removed from the 3.2%
Man of foolish pursuits
Millermatic 250x MIG
Liquid Air O/A torch
Franz©

Downwindtracker2 wrote:Franz there is more Fosters in USA, then in Aus. In Western Australia and Northern Territory, I resorted to drinking Great Northern. Well the strongest available at 4.5%, it was still just one step removed from the 3.2%
Sweet mother of doG! My heart is heavy with sadness. Not allowed by the Crown's government to have guns. Now you tell me Oz has been crippled by 3.2 beer. I don't suppose you're even allowed to brew your own by the Lords of Exchecker. Even Mother Earth hates you and forces you to hang inverted clinging to the island by your toes.

Just today I saw a picture of a couple of your brave coppers being intimidated by a shark they aren't even allowed to defend against without some Minister's approval. https://youtu.be/jtk8re9urlg poor coppers can't even afford long pants. Things are going downhill, or is that uphill in Oz, at a rapid pace and you poor blokes are clinging to a teflon slide.

WHAT next shall befall your terrible lot? Please tell me QANTAS dtus haven't been issued long skirts or worse pants? That could require large shipments of AntiDepressant pills to the island forthwith.
Downwindtracker2

Fear not, it's Washington state that has 3.2%, most of Aus is 4.0. Maybe some other states do 3.2% as well?
Man of foolish pursuits
Millermatic 250x MIG
Liquid Air O/A torch
Franz©

We're laboring dilligently to detatch States on the left coast and send them over for attachment to Kiwiland.
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Franz© wrote:They have adapted well to their circumstance over the Centuries since being imprisoned on the island by the Brits.
The ability to cling to the planet with just their toes is impressive.

They even weld with machines emblazoned with International Symbols known no place else on the planet.

I just feel sorry for them and Kiwis having to make so many overhead welds.
Overhead welds are the easy kind there, remember gravity is reversed. Filler metal floats directly into the joint when overhead welding. No spatter down your shirt that way either!