Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Franz©
    Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Bill Beauregard wrote:
Franz© wrote:They have adapted well to their circumstance over the Centuries since being imprisoned on the island by the Brits.
The ability to cling to the planet with just their toes is impressive.

They even weld with machines emblazoned with International Symbols known no place else on the planet.

I just feel sorry for them and Kiwis having to make so many overhead welds.
Overhead welds are the easy kind there, remember gravity is reversed. Filler metal floats directly into the joint when overhead welding. No spatter down your shirt that way either!
There is NO GRAVITY.
Mother Earth sucks.
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Downwindtracker2 wrote:Fear not, it's Washington state that has 3.2%, most of Aus is 4.0. Maybe some other states do 3.2% as well?
I think you're mixing that up with Utah, I drink plenty of high proof beer, here in Washington.

That said, the beer doesn't help weld quality at all!
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
Franz©
    Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 pm

hey_allen wrote:
Downwindtracker2 wrote:Fear not, it's Washington state that has 3.2%, most of Aus is 4.0. Maybe some other states do 3.2% as well?
I think you're mixing that up with Utah, I drink plenty of high proof beer, here in Washington.

That said, the beer doesn't help weld quality at all!
It most certainly does.
Beer is an excellent pre weld cleaning agent.

Not only that, just watch the weave patterns a man with DTs can create.

AND, if you get caustic soda on your skin, beer neutralizes it far better than water alone will.

Shaking hell out of the beers in the fridge just before break puts life in the crew at break time too.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Google tells me that it's a mini DIN connector. Doesn't elude to what it may be used for on a welder. Maybe a external digital amp meter.
Ylwgtr
    Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:38 am

Darrin wrote:Morning guys, stupid question I’m sure, on my old Tig, and I’m talking 18 year old machine, I’m going to. Put a foot pedal on, which I’s fine,but when i was looking at the machine to check connection type i noticed this (attached pic) can someone tell me what its for, instructions have long since gone and am just curious?? Cheers!!!!
Hi mate I have the manual for this model (I also have 2 of these machines and the 3 phase 250 amp version)
I absolutely love the machine,so much so that I’ve worked out what fries when they stop working and know how to fix them....I could email you a copy if you like? Also an Aussie!
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

Ylwgtr wrote:
Darrin wrote:Morning guys, stupid question I’m sure, on my old Tig, and I’m talking 18 year old machine, I’m going to. Put a foot pedal on, which I’s fine,but when i was looking at the machine to check connection type i noticed this (attached pic) can someone tell me what its for, instructions have long since gone and am just curious?? Cheers!!!!
Hi mate I have the manual for this model (I also have 2 of these machines and the 3 phase 250 amp version)
I absolutely love the machine,so much so that I’ve worked out what fries when they stop working and know how to fix them....I could email you a copy if you like? Also an Aussie!
Pm’d.you my friend are a legend!!
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Ylwgtr
    Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:38 am

Ylwgtr wrote:

Darrin I can’t reply to your message mate send me an email to troymgilbert@hotmail.com
Cheers
Darrin

Big thanks to fellow member Ylwgtr for sending a copy of the manual through, cheers mate. Seems the offending plug is a “arc on signal” receptacle.......any one enlighten me as to what that does??
Attachments
829041D2-A7E3-41FD-B7AD-7BA3BAF78651.png
829041D2-A7E3-41FD-B7AD-7BA3BAF78651.png (565.07 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

An "arc on" signal could be used for ventilation fans or maybe turning on a weld positioner?
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Darrin

MinnesotaDave wrote:An "arc on" signal could be used for ventilation fans or maybe turning on a weld positioner?
That makes sense, i reckon you are right!! Cheers.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

MinnesotaDave wrote:An "arc on" signal could be used for ventilation fans or maybe turning on a weld positioner?
Most likely to turn on a torch cooler.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737

tungstendipper wrote:
Most likely to turn on a torch cooler.
coffee pot? :lol:
Richard
Website