Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Saxguy
    Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:10 pm

I have a MITECH TIG welder, and would like to get some spare torch parts, and maybe a few new bits to try out. ie Different nozzles, etc. I have looked on Aliexpress and there are thousands, all at great prices. Trouble is, how do you know which fits? Is there a standard? I did buy some replacement ceramic nozzles and tips from the local store when I bought the machine, but they are about 10X the cost of what they are from AE. I just dont know which to get, as they might not fit??

Also, the torch head body, I have seen some smaller angled ones, but again, will they fit my setup, or will i be best buying a new torch setup?

Sorry if i'm being simple, but I am new to all this. And yes, I know my TIG welder isnt a great one, but its all I could budget for at the time. :-)
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

What size torch do you have? I run a wp 9, flex head, handles every thing I need it to.doesnt matter what you spend on a machine, people will hate no mater what brand someone has.....if it works, learn to use it and you’ll be fine. Don’t know the mitech brand but there’s that many brands out there it doesnt matter. I bought an expensive Italian machine who then went under so don’t stress that you don’t have a mainstream brand, check the markings on the torch head, they will give you the size and just order from that size, good luck and have fun with it!!!
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Darrin

And being “sax guy”, what sax do you run????
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Saxguy

Darrin wrote:And being “sax guy”, what sax do you run????
:D Yanagisawa Alto A9933 and a Bauhaus-WALSTEIN Tenor

Oh, and I'll take a look on the torch to see if I can see the size (never thought of that... doh!)
Darrin

Nice, I’ve got an SML alto, don’t play anymore but can’t bring myself to let it go1!!!!! I think most twigs are shipped with a wp17 torch as standard?? I like the wp9 as it is smaller and still runs enough amps for most jobs. Ive got a 200 amp A/C machine and love the WP9 torch.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Darrin

Nice, I’ve got an SML alto, don’t play anymore but can’t bring myself to let it go1!!!!! I think most twigs are shipped with a wp17 torch as standard?? I like the wp9 as it is smaller and still runs enough amps for most jobs. Ive got a 200 amp A/C machine and love the WP9 torch.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Saxguy

Darrin wrote:Nice, I’ve got an SML alto, don’t play anymore but can’t bring myself to let it go1!!!!! I think most twigs are shipped with a wp17 torch as standard?? I like the wp9 as it is smaller and still runs enough amps for most jobs. Ive got a 200 amp A/C machine and love the WP9 torch.

Darrin, dont give up the sax.... its a gift. I'm not a good player, I just noodle around. Its all about time with me. I'll take a look at my torch tomorrow. Cheers.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

When I first bought my tig machine, I was air cooled using a 26 torch. Watched my brother with his water cooled torch and had to have one. Bought a 20 torch and cooler. Got to really liking that...no hot fingers. Had to weld some heavy stuff and used the 26, turning the cooler off. Went back to the 20 (forgetting to turn the cooler back on) and started smelling something. The 20 power line only leaked when I turned the cooler on --- :oops: .
After several attempts .. found a repair part for the power line and ended up shortening the line by a foot, BUT, I got R done. No more leaks and I DON'T turn the cooler off when changing torches. :roll:
Saxguy

Darrin wrote:Nice, I’ve got an SML alto, don’t play anymore but can’t bring myself to let it go1!!!!! I think most twigs are shipped with a wp17 torch as standard?? I like the wp9 as it is smaller and still runs enough amps for most jobs. Ive got a 200 amp A/C machine and love the WP9 torch.
Yep, its a wp17. So i guess any consumables for a wp17 will work?
Darrin

Wp17,18and 26 are all compatible I believe mate.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Saxguy

Darrin, yeah, I believe so. When I look online it says "will fit the following...".
Thanks. I'll order some bits today. :D