Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

Gday all, after a foot pedal for my machine, Esseti 200 ac/dc, Italian mob who are no longer in business from what I can tell. Anyone know if I can use any 7 pin foot pedal with it?? Or are they specific to machines? Cheers all.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Typically, the wiring scheme dictates the number of used wires in a plug. If you can drum up the original schematic for the machine and a pedal compatible, you can adapt about any other pedal to it. You may have to change plugs on the pedal you buy to suit the machine's input.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey there, whats the plan with a different foot pedal? Do you have it already, or is it a readily available? Otherwise, the yanks are super keen on foot pedals, and I do believe you can order one from certain places with the connection required. Ssc controls is very good I hear.

Darrin

cj737 wrote:Typically, the wiring scheme dictates the number of used wires in a plug. If you can drum up the original schematic for the machine and a pedal compatible, you can adapt about any other pedal to it. You may have to change plugs on the pedal you buy to suit the machine's input.
The 7 pin connector on the machine is the standard 7 pin plug I see on all th epedals. Just wasn’t sure wether they are all wired the same for 7 pin plugs. Cheers.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Darrin

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey there, whats the plan with a different foot pedal? Do you have it already, or is it a readily available? Otherwise, the yanks are super keen on foot pedals, and I do believe you can order one from certain places with the connection required. Ssc controls is very good I hear.
Never used a foot pedal before, so just looking at getting one but the Essseti stuf is done and dusted so was hoping to find something compatible, standard 7 pin connection on the machine so just trying to establish wether all 7 pin pedals are wired the same or not. Love the machine, no pulse but ive never found a need for it, never tried a machine with pulse either, don’t want to in case i like it!!!!!!
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma

Fair enough. Pulse is like bacon. You can get by without it, but it makes everything better.
bossler
    Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 am

Darrin wrote:Gday all, after a foot pedal for my machine, Esseti 200 ac/dc, Italian mob who are no longer in business from what I can tell. Anyone know if I can use any 7 pin foot pedal with it?? Or are they specific to machines? Cheers all.
Hi.

Some time ago I've adapted a Chinese pedal to fit my Cloos 250 amp AC/DC machine (more or less identical to Esseti) because original parts are not available any more. By coincidence, I also documented it. It's in German but pictures and google translate should do the job. If not, don't hesitate to ask.
http://bossler.in-der-acht.de/2018/09/u ... sseti.html

BTW, as the original plug was hard to get and expensive, I replaced the original connectors with some 7-pin Microphone connectors. They are OK for my amateur/hobby shop, but if you rely on this machine to make money, I would go for the original connector or something comparable.

Bossler