Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
bearorso
    Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:07 am

Hello People!

I've seen Jody using a Tiny TIG Torch a few times in his videos. One where he discussed Torches, and held up said Tiny Red Rubber hand pieced Torch, mentioning it as being very much suited to low amperage, light gauge Bicycle Tubing. But, if he's mentioned who makes it, I've been a dummy and missed it.

It was, I think, an Air Cooled Torch.

I've made Bicycle and Motorcycle frames for over 4 decades now, but old age and limitations from many, many injuries are making it very difficult when using my Water Cooled 20 torch. It's just too bulky, and I am now having great difficulty in longer, consistent welds around (sometimes very intricate) tubing miters.

A Tiny little Air Cooled Torch would make things much easier in my dotage.

I've searched various manufacturers sites, but can't find it.

Any help in this would be very appreciated.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hello Bear....IF ya do a search for micro tig torches, you will get a chance to look over quite a few torches. I'm not sure how small you want to go, but you will most likely find that they are like bikinis....the smaller they are the more expensive they would be. Have fun and let us know how you make out.
Bill