Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
starlifter71
    Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Welding hobbyist new to the forum. I have been using a multi-process welder (Miller XMT304) to do SMAW projects and occasional Scratch Start/Lift Arc TIG projects using a foot pedal for limited amperage control. Over the last few years, I have found more applications for TIG. I am thinking of switching to a TIG machine with more features and one that could be adapted to an occasional stick weld for a quick rusty metal application. Is there recommendation? Thanks.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Miller MaxStar, DC amperage only. All TIG boxes run Stick. Most do not also run MIG, some do.

Welcome to the forum

What is your budget and do you want the capability to TIG weld aluminum? This would require an AC/DC machine instead of just DC that is used for steel and stainless TIG welding
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

LtBadd wrote:Welcome to the forum

What is your budget and do you want the capability to TIG weld aluminum? This would require an AC/DC machine instead of just DC that is used for steel and stainless TIG welding
↑ this ↑
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Oscar, your "this" didn't come up with anything AND you have not updated your stable to include the 400.

BillE.Dee wrote:Oscar, your "this" didn't come up with anything AND you have not updated your stable to include the 400.

Oh I was just agreeing with LTbadd's statement is all :)

I'll check the signature line, lol.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

apologies Oscar. I was looking for a picture of your machine. my bad.

BillE.Dee wrote:apologies Oscar. I was looking for a picture of your machine. my bad.
Ooohhh, I get what you mean now! lol. Don't worry, it's coming! I just need to bring in the Pro Pulse that I bought for my father, so it can be included because I paid for it too! :lol: