Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
BJames
    Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:20 am

I am on the hunt for my next tig welder. My current Lincoln Precision Tig 225 has been very good and has been very solid and reliable for a long time. However, it’s showing it’s age and I know I’ll need to invest in another tig welder in the very near future. The problem I am running into is 1- the lack of people out there that are doing a lot of aerospace welding to get some honest feedback and 2, getting feedback from people that aren’t so brand loyal that they cannot give an unbiased option. I know what I have and I could go back to another 225 but I want to have some better capabilities being that I am about to dump a bunch of money into a new rig. The brand is not important but I’d like my next set up to give me a decent service life with a company that will stand behind the product with good customer service. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Spweld
    Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello Bjames,
If you're doing aluminum you cannot go wrong with the dynasty buy Miller. But that mainly depends on the thickness of the materials you're welding especially if you're doing Aerospace welding you want a machine that is going to start at 3 amps and terminates the weld at 3 amps.Although I just purchased a primeweld and I am very impressed for $800. It has balance and frequency control, pulsator, up and down slop settings at that price and comes with a ck torch but I use my W-9/20 for the type of work that I do.Their warranty and customer service are unbelievable. It takes a skill-set for example I'm welding .028 5052 alum. because with this machine on 110 power it starts at 20 amps when you hook it up to 220 it starts at 28 amps. And you better be right on top of it and there's not any control with the foot pedal until you reach 52 amps. Everlast is another machine that's awesome. I have the Miller dynasty 350 which is an amazing machine not cheap but very good. Richard Echevarria Specialized Welding & Mobile Service Inc.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Miller Dynasty 210DX with the software expansion card, or the HTP 221. The Miller will cost more, but you do get the possibility for local Warranty shops.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

old post, OP never returned, lol.