Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ritzblitz
    Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi guys,

I have an Everlast PowerPro 256 on the way.

I bought a CK 130 to use with it..

My question is, do I need a different DINSE connector or adapter to use the small torch? It comes with the giant water cooled torch (26 I think), so I wasn't sure. It says in the welder manual online that it uses a DINSE style 50mm connector?

Thanks!
Alex
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

No. Dinse connectors are what they are... The torch size won't matter.

You're good to go.

Steve S
ritzblitz

Thanks for the quick reply.

So is it basically the connection between the Dinse connector and the welding machine that differs? Not the connection between the torch and the dinse connector?

I'll backtrack a little.

A Dinse connector is a standard size, whether your hooking up a TIG torch or a stick stinger. I have adapters for my Tweco leads to fit a Dinse connector.

The TIG torch, I'm slightly less sure of. The brands I'm aware of, including the majors (Lincoln, Miller) and suppliers like weldcraft, the torches all come with the same connectors in the same sizes, and fit all the major machines.

I can't speak for smaller brands...

Steve S

That everlast should fit a CK torch just fine.

Pretty sure Jody's done that, so don't be afraid to PM him, or ask him under "contact us" on the main WTT page.
ritzblitz

Thanks Steve,

I looked around a little. The threads are 3/8" male on my CK torch. It looks like there are 7/8" and 3/8" thread dinse connectors, and some 5/8.

The 200A dinse connectors are mostly 7/8", which leads me to believe that the WP18 that comes with the welder probably has a 7/8" male thread.

So I think I will need an adapter or a seperate dinse connector in order to use the small torch.

I'll PM Jody, what is his username on here?

Just click on the red "Administrators" legend at the bottom of the index page, then click on the red "Admin", or in one of the topics where he's on thread. Then you get the option to send a PM.

Or, on the main page, use the "contact us" tab. It goes directly to Jody, too.