Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Kuki89
    Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm

alguien a soldado con varilla 307L hierro fundido o acero disímiles con este aporte? y si es mejor que el 309L para tal fin?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I apologize I can’t completely translate. But. It’s my understanding that 307 and 308 filler would be for welding dissimilar grades of SS. 309 is for carbon to SS welds.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Kuki89
    Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm

someone welded with dissimilar cast iron or steel 307L rod with this contribution? and if it is better than the 309L for that purpose?I forgot to translate, you excuse me. Thank you for your answer
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

307L is relatively uncommon here in the states, first time I've heard of it actually, though from perusing the data sheet, it does seem to have some overlap with 309l, though it seems to be more intended for welding stainless to stainless and moderate-high strength low alloy steel.

I'd go with 309L for welding dissimilar steel, it's much more intended for that purpose and looking at the composition of the two rods, the higher chromium and nickel in 309L seems to back that up.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I too can only speak to 309. But from what I’ve read about 307 it seams to be for high temp and combustion related corrosion uses. Combustion corrosion is usually from carbonic acid in the condensation from the burn process. So I’m guessing it also has properties that make it less susceptible to acidic environments.
I have more questions than answers

Josh