Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
DCManitoba
    Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:00 pm

My first post. I am a beginner welder (some experience through school), so I apologize if this has been asked. I tried to do a search but I don't know if I used the correct terms.

I recently purchased the Yeswelder mig 205-ds multiprocessor welder. I am interested in getting a TIG torch but the recommended one requires running the gas line from the torch directly to the bottle. I'd rather run it to the machine. I noticed that the TIG is a DINSE DCEN and that MIG/FCAW is a Euro connector with a Dinse jumper to set the gun to DCEP/DCEN.

Yeswelder offers a TIG with a Euro connector.

So...

Can I use a TIG euro connector and have the machine set as MIG but on DCEN, or will the welder likely not accept this setting?

I know the mig drive motor will still run but I'll make sure no wire is in the machine.
Gligor
    Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:59 pm

It will work as long you use direct current straight polarity (DCEN). But I'm not sure where are you going to find tig torch with mig euro connector. You can "adapt" the mig cable to screw a tig torch on it with some brass fittings, but the cable will be extremely heavy and stiff for tig welding. And also, you will have a scratch start tig. I don't see the point of going trough so much trouble when you can buy tig torch with a valve, and get basicly the same thing.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

You will not like that, because MIG, even though it might be set to DCEN just like TIG needs, is a CV process, where as for TIG you need CC.
DCManitoba
    Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Thanks Gligor and Oscar. I didn't even think about those. I found a tig with mig euro that piqued my interest. When I saw that mig euro has the gas line and decn I figured it might work but best to ask the pros. Thankfully my skepticism paid off.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

with the machine set on tig, the mig gas line doesn't work anyway, which makes it rather pointless.
tweak it until it breaks