Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
loduk
    Wed May 12, 2010 11:10 am

I am new to this forum and wanted to ask if anyone has used the Esab 160 Multimaster machine. I live and work in the Karamoja region of Uganda doing development work and wind up doing quite a bit of welding. We make doors, windows, trusses, water towers, and since I have some welding gear wind up doing repairs on all sorts of agricultural equipment, vehicles, etc. We have also built our own water well drilling rig and will most likely be building more of them. We have some small mig machines, two Miller ac/dc stick machines, and two gas powered stick welders. I am heading back to the states for a week and was thinking of getting started with tig.

I am limited to 50 lbs for baggage for this trip but hope to be sending a shipping container over sometime this year and can get something heavier. I may just break down and get a Miller Dynasty 200 welder.

Thanks, Bob
schadandpulte
    Mon May 24, 2010 7:20 pm

I have a retail store in Texas and have sold a dozen or so ESAB 160 heliarc. We have had issues with the boards. Italian built and haven't been great. It is a slow warranty repair and expensive out of warranty. If size matters... I like what Thermal Arc has to offer?! Still kinda pricey, but more advanced than some of Miller's small inverter line up. Good Luck, Derrick
tigamajig
    Wed May 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Thermal Dynamics...{st. Louis,MO,USA } ThermalArc 95 s...
I managed to snag on from Indiana Oxygen Supply for $480.00 with
the TIG lead,regulator, and case....it welds just like the Miller Maxstar at my old shop, except
for the "autolink" power input feature that lets you run it on 230 v. power.
i guess you would have to step up to the $1800.00 version to do that!
but no, i don't have an esab,yellow is expensive....andThermal Arc will give you a free hat with your purchase!