Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
st/customs
    Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:10 pm

I have been a fan of this board for quite a while and tried to find other opinions on the Aspect230 and couldn't find anything substantial. I decided to go ahead and purchase one after contemplating between the competitors and couldn't be happier. I do quite a bit of mobile tig work and have used the square wave 200 for 2-3 years without a problem. I figured this would be a good place to write a review so to say. I hope I can help if someone is thinking of this machine. If anyone has any info on their experience with this machine would be greatly appreciated. I added a "tig button" from my old machine and its hands down my favorite by far!
Dan
nick121
    Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:33 am

I purchased a Aspect 230 last fall. I am just a hobbyist as far as tig welding goes. I was initially set on the square wave 200, but saved up for a while longer for the 230, I felt the extra amps and adjustable would be well worth it especially in the future as I get better and more able to use everything the machine has to offer.

So far I'm really happy with it, Love the size and weight being an inverter. It seems to compete directly with the miller dynasty 210 but has some more power and was cheaper. I got the air cooled pack but hooking up a water cooled torch with a old cooler I had around. It's a bit much for a part time/hobby welder like myself but I figured buy once cry once.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

nick121 wrote:It's a bit much for a part time/hobby welder like myself but I figured buy once cry once.
It's NEVER too much! :lol:
nick121
    Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:33 am

Yes that's very true! You have quite the line up of welders yourself!