Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
rprecision
    Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 pm

I am a complete hack of a a tig welder. I need to practice more and getting tired of the torch getting so hot. I ran a ck flex loc 150.

I am running a Everlast 210EXT and just bought the W300 cooler for it.

I need to make a decision on torch. I thought I recall a conversation about the #20 being limited on what cups can be used.

I am completely confused if any of the consumables from the FL150 will work with the CK#20 flex head. I mainly weld mild steel and aluminum with hopes of stainless one day......

Thanks for your advice!
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

You can order a water-cooled Flex-loc with either the FL2L or the F3L head. The F2L supports 230A, and the FL3L (the same as what you currently have on your FL150) supports 250A. If you get the one with the FL2L head, you'll need what CK calls "2-series", aka what everyone else calls 20-series.

https://www.ck-worldwide.com/accessories.html

An 18-series will work if bought as a complete kit, but it's larger. It does use the same consumables as your FL150 though.
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

The 20 series torch is more than enough for that machine and is probably the most common water-cooled torch overall right now. I don't know about any cup size limitations with them...you can get pretty huge cups for stainless if you need them.
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
rprecision

I looked at the water cooled flex loc, I wast really impressed. There is no coolant passages in the head. In its air-cooled state its a neat torch that's very versatile. I think for my skill set, I would be better served by a more traditional torch.

I appreciate the responses, seems the 20 is a pretty good way to go......

Happy Father's day to all the dads!
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

20 all the way. all the cups will fit it.
Multimatic 255

Louie1961 wrote:20 all the way. all the cups will fit it.
except the ones he has for his FL150
rprecision wrote:I looked at the water cooled flex loc, I wast really impressed. There is no coolant passages in the head. In its air-cooled state its a neat torch that's very versatile. I think for my skill set, I would be better served by a more traditional torch.

I appreciate the responses, seems the 20 is a pretty good way to go......

Happy Father's day to all the dads!
True, since the head rotates, the cooling ends at the end of the torch body. But even then, unless you weld non-stop at >200A for >3min the torch itself won't get too hot. Your gloves will feel more radiant heat than the torch from welding >200A for extended periods of time.
nick121
    Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:33 am

I recently purchased a Weldtec 20 series watercooled torch. I got the flex head, rated 225 amps. Fairly cheap and much nicer than the air cooled 26,I was using. So much lighter and cooler!
The ck flexlok does look like a very maneuverable torch too! and the weldtec has the roto head type as well.

20 series is quite common and uses same consumables as a #9 air cooled.

nick121 wrote:I recently purchased a Weldtec 20 series watercooled torch. I got the flex head, rated 225 amps. Fairly cheap and much nicer than the air cooled 26,I was using. So much lighter and cooler!
The ck flexlok does look like a very maneuverable torch too! and the weldtec has the roto head type as well.

20 series is quite common and uses same consumables as a #9 air cooled.
I use the Weldtec Roto-head with the smaller head (for 20-series) on one of my TIGs. I like it.
rprecision

I appreciate all of the advice! CK20 here we go!