Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
R-mm
  • R-mm
    Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 pm

A while back I bought a tungsten mate simplicity to use with an old Dremel 3000 I had laying around.

https://www.tungstenmate.com/product/tu ... implicity/

Their website is clear if slightly annoying in not recommending specific rotary tools that are compatible. The threading on my Dremel is compatible but I cannot manage to set the diamond disc low enough. as you can see I have the shaft all the way into the mandrel and the accessory screwed all the way onto the tool but still the tungsten ends up below the face of the disc. Am I doing something stupid or does this just not work with my rotary tool? Can anyone tell me a model of tool that does work? I would be looking for some thing in expensive as I already have a very nice Proxxon but it is unthreaded.
IMG_3362.jpg
IMG_3362.jpg (62.17 KiB) Viewed 629 times
IMG_3360.jpg
IMG_3360.jpg (56.27 KiB) Viewed 629 times
IMG_3363.jpg
IMG_3363.jpg (46.61 KiB) Viewed 629 times
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Have you tried it with the standard collet setup rather than the keyless chuck? The keyless chuck is quite a bit longer as I recall.
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
R-mm
  • R-mm
    Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 pm

G-ManBart wrote:Have you tried it with the standard collet setup rather than the keyless chuck? The keyless chuck is quite a bit longer as I recall.
You are exactly right... I just test fit it with a mandrel right into the shaft. This was a hand-me-down and I will need to go find a standard collet, I don't think dad gave it to me.