Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Glow -

I have to say that starting out doesn't really need to be pure trial-and-error. If you Google around for ten minutes you'll quickly find recommended amps for your material type and thickness as well as some other basic settings.

While no two machines are precisely the same, once you have the machine set up to the basic guidelines you should be well and truly in the ball park. From there it's just a case of learning what to look for in the puddle, and that comes with seat time.

All the best!

Kym
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

HAH! So, I was setting the amps, by the 1/8 mild steel. 85-120. BUT, I then read that the 3/32 tungsten, needs like, 130 - 150. SO, I cranked my AHP up to 150, with a starting amps of like, 100 - 120 and I finally got a puddle. I felt like a freaking bird at the park. So happy to see that puddle. It still looks like hell. But, it is progress. The bottom thing with my name, the metal was getting way to hot. haha I was just seeing what happened. Also, I got that Miller full field adapter AND a new normal foot pedal from HTP I believe.
Attachments
Photo on 9-27-16 at 5.40 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 9-27-16 at 5.40 PM #2.jpg (46.61 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
Photo on 9-27-16 at 5.40 PM.jpg
Photo on 9-27-16 at 5.40 PM.jpg (45.08 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Stephen111 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:16 am If you are frustrated about the issue of keep your glasses from falling off, here’s the solutions everyone out there is adopting: check measurements and adjust the frame, or use adds-on like anti-slip wax, nose pads, glasses straps, and ear grips, or rely on sport glasses
This thread is from five years ago, and the poster hasn't been back in two years :o
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT