Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Terrence
    Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:38 pm

How to tell how much penetrantion is happening while on a 6g DC aluminum weld test. I pass the vertical and other tests, but have problems seeing or knowing how fast to move. How much rod to use. ANYONE CAN HELP, Cant see like AC aluminum I'm just guesting. NEED PRO TO HELP. THANKS
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, Please tell us a little about your self.

I have moved your topic to the tig thread, someone should be along with some tips to help you out. Some very experienced tig welders here.

Mick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

There's a thread here specifically on DC aluminum TIG. I'll see if I can dig it up. There's a few posters there with the experience to advise you.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Now, I can't seem to find it. I went back almost a year, and only found a couple small topics, not the one I was looking for with the three-page discussion.

Mick? Fat Bob? any thoughts?

Steve S
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

I found it....(insert crowd cheering noises here) I had to use the search engine on the main page.

I dont know where the actual post is, I thought in was recent. :?:

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... f=5&t=2002

Mick
RedIron881
    Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am

What kind of penetration are you getting now on it? If you can upload some photos it would help with suggestions.