Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Leadleg99
    Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Tig welder has spark on start but won't increase the heat with pedal or dial, new control board, any suggestion were to look next. Thanks for looking.
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Check your ground, you need a good connection to get lots of amps.
Can you tell us more about your welder and configuration?
Any photos of what you are using?
Leadleg99 wrote:Tig welder has spark on start but won't increase the heat with pedal or dial, new control board, any suggestion were to look next. Thanks for looking.
Leadleg99
    Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 pm

WerkSpace, Thanks for responding. The welder is a Airco 300 AC/DC HeliwelderV. Definitely has a good ground. What happens is, I have no spark in DCSP or DCRP, but a little spark in AC with HF on continuous. I'm beginning to believe the spark is only from the HF transformer (Tesla Coil). Also believe that the problem may be in the SCR's. I read the the SCr's control the Amp's via the circuit board.

One other question if you could answer, there are two secondary power coils, I believe that one is for DCSP and the other is for DCRP, and there is a choke coil connected to both ,and this is for ac when both coils are energized to limit out put voltage. I don;t know if i'm on the right track. tried to sent pdf schematic but site won't allow it. Thanks for any help,
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Can you post the schematic to another place and then attach the link to this website?
It sure would be easier to help you, if I could see the schematic.
Also, a photo of the inside of your machine might help as well.