Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
regy_boy
    Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi all I have done city and guilds level 1 in MIG and going up to 3 also doing the same in TIG. I want to get into 6g tig welding as I've been told its good money and I enjoy welding and I'm confident in myself. I have attached a image would that welder be good enough to do 6g welding as when I got the money I want to start practicing 6g welding. If the welder is not good enough please recommend me some and give me any tips. Thanks for any replies :)
Attachments
Welder specs
Welder specs
image.jpg (165.94 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Welder
Welder
image.jpg (107.18 KiB) Viewed 405 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I cannot speak for the quality of that specific machine, but the specifications suggest it will serve you fine for 6g TIG practice. It will, at that price point, likely be more challenging than the machine you would test with for a job, so if you can master it, you'll be ahead of the game.

I learned to TIG, in the field on an industrial job, on a "lift-arc" inverter. (Lincoln.) When I moved to more advanced work, with HF start and other goodies, the learning curve was short.

Were I you, I'd seek some reviews on the machine itself, for reliability, customer service, etc., because it'd be a shame to be dissatisfied with the maker.

Steve S