Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
rafter aron
    Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 pm

this is kinda posted twice. but here it is again. Problem, new everlast 200dx. trying to set it up, and my regulator that came with it must be to small. the pop off on the back of the regulator just blasts gas out. tag says its rated at a max inlet pressure of 150kgf/cm2 and the pressure gauge says 160. that's about 2250psi on the gauge. im probably gonna go down to airgas and get a new one. any input from the experts would be awesome. its a 300 cubic ft. bottle by the way
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

A 330 cf cylinder can be and sometimes are filled to 2400 lbs. @ 70 d/f. and remember that if the temp goes up so does the pressure. I'm not firmiliar with the regulator that comes on your machine,but most have a rupture disc in them and other also have a relief valve that resets itself. If the rupture disc blows, it will have to be replaced,so I would just send it back to Everlast if that's the case.

Most of the smaller cylinders are only filled to 2100 lbs. but one would think that they would give you a regulator that was rated for more than the max rating of the cylinders available,that being 2400+ lbs.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
rafter aron

so I just went down to airgas and got a victor flowmeter on sale, lucky me and off I went. the one from everlast is going back. it was supposed to be a deluxe one in cfh but she no workee.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

All better now?

I've had issues with Chinese regulators before, but never a flowmeter, and never your issue.

Steve S
rafter aron

well if im reading this half shredded tag correctly it may not be rated for anything above 2000 psi. seemed simple enough to get a new one and it worked out well. now I just have to teach myself to tig weld