Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Dicky55
    Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Welding Table Project
Welding Table.jpg
Welding Table.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 812 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice table, and nicely done!

I'd love to hear the details.

This is something I'd normally move to the "Welding Projects" subforum, but if this was done with TIG welding, I'll leave it here in the "TIG" subforum, and maybe make a copy in the projects section.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum 55.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site but...your shop's a little too clean isn't it? I mean, I'd never be able to find anything in there. :lol:
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

very nice looking bench. what is that device bolted to the bottom. looks like a tilting mechanism? your shop is way too clean. how the heck can you find anything?? i see you have very good taste in toolboxes. that's a very nice machinist's box. i'm trying to find one in a garage sale cause i don't want to mortgage my firstborn to buy new.
cocobolo
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

jwmacawful wrote:very nice looking bench. what is that device bolted to the bottom. looks like a tilting mechanism? your shop is way too clean. how the heck can you find anything?? i see you have very good taste in toolboxes. that's a very nice machinist's box. i'm trying to find one in a garage sale cause i don't want to mortgage my firstborn to buy new.
If you can download his photo and lighten it up with your photo program, you can see the tilt mechanism clearly. It looks to me like he has done an outstanding job there. I'd love to have something like that!
greenhorn
    Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 pm

This is my table. A friend posted the pic for me,im new to posting pics.I made a mechanical brake with a lever to stop in any position. The table top is made of one inch steel, blanchurd ground, then drilled 100 .50 holes for clamping.