Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Nils
    Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 pm

After receiving my new Everlast PowerTig 185 and experiencing the upgraded SSC pedal, I immediately ordered an SSC pedal for my 250EX. They are not interchangeable. With state tax and shipping it was just under $180, but I think it's definitely worth it. This pedal provides much better control than the standard one.

The attached pics are of my new rig for portable aluminum welding. The cart is a scissor design for improved portability. It's a crudely finished piece, but is quite functional. Also, to test out the new pedal I just ran this fillet of 1/4" and 3/8" of 6061 plate. The 250EX has definitely got the power. There is no substitute for power. The weld shown is okay, buy not bad for a cold run at it.
Attachments
DSCN5408.JPG
DSCN5408.JPG (121.61 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
DSCN5411.JPG
DSCN5411.JPG (124.12 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
DSCN5409.JPG
DSCN5409.JPG (118.35 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
Everlast PowerTig 250EX, PowerTig 185 Micro, PowerArc 160STH, Miller Trailblazer 301G, Millermatic 140 Auto-Set
nova_70_383
    Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

i ordered the ssc pedal for my 250ex. i like the ssc pedal better then any other pedal ive used.
    Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

Gee, thanks allot, now y'all got me into the buying mood! I'm going outside and paint something to see if it will heal the scab I just picked. My 160STH would def love a foot pedal, even though with Jody's tips on burying my starts I'm getting allot better at using the trigger! SSC next week...next week. Plus the inspector might laugh at me if I show up with my scrappy utility trailer TIG welded :lol:
Hood Time is a Good Time!

Avatar photo is from 1992, on Maui.
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm curious to know exactly what is inside the SSC pedal that makes it so much better than other pedals?
I have a hard time believing the cost of pedals, considering that it's usually a pot and a switch inside.
If someone wanted a more accurate control, a multi-turn potentiometer and associated gearing would solve the problem.
nova_70_383
    Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

for me its more of a comfortable pedal. they way it feels, how low it is. it feels really natual... not like the big old miller pedal on top a metal box.