Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

Hello folks,

Does anybody have experience with the following TIG filler rods: TigTectic 66 and TigTectic 680? I found information on the TigTectic website. I am interested in learning about your experience with it and applications. How does it compare to ER70S-2 rod? Thanks!!!

Jim
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Just had a look myself. The 66 is more comparable to the 70s2 but with a slightly higher tensile strength of 75000. therefore 75s2 (sort of)

The other stuff is a super strength rod of 120 000 tensile, so apart from any other special elements it would be along the lines of 120s2. Likely with a suffix of letters indicating other special elements.

How ever if you have it and want to use it, i believe that there is no trouble in using a "stronger" rod for everyday work, just cost.

Mick
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

Thanks for the reply. I found a small aount of each rod while cleaning out an old shop. I'll give them a try on some practice pieces to see how they flow.

Jim
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

No worries, I found some mil spec hi strength rods at work, and brought them home, but havent given them a good test yet.