Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Trevor Schwealdson
    Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:49 am

I'm looking to upgrade my TIG torch and was looking at the CK Flexloc torch with the nice flexy cable, but I noticed that the coupler on the cable is the "gas through" integrated style, where the gas and electrical connection is all in the same connector, whereas my machine has separate jacks for electrical and gas hookups. Is there an adapter to make this connection work, or is it possible to modify the end of the cable/gas hose to make it work for my machine?

Thank you,
Trevor
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

http://www.profaxlenco.com/lenco/produc ... gory_id=14
If you get a 2 piece cable you won't need an adapter. I got my machine connector from this company though. They have hookups for whichever torch you decide to buy.
Nick
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Trevor,
You can buy a two hose version, the CK numbers are as follows: 130 Amp , CK-FL1312NSF 12.5' & CK-FL1325NSF 25' and 150 amp, CK-FL1512NSF 12.5' & CK-FL1525NSF 25', all available at Arc-Zone for around $200.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Ouch that's expensive. I got my flexloc from weldfabulous for about 140
Nick
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Trevor Schwealdson wrote:Is there an adapter to make this connection work, or is it possible to modify the end of the cable/gas hose to make it work for my machine?
When you buy a single-hose CK torch, you'll also need an adapter like this:
http://store.mwsco.com/storefront/CK-SL ... D-P-614861

It converts the single-hose connector to the proper fittings for your welder. This one is for a 1/2 dinse and a quick-disconnect gas fitting. A call to CK might help you select the right adapter for your welder. http://www.ckworldwide.com

Mississippi Welder Supply seems to have the lowest prices going, but their site is lousy for info and pictures. You can get a Flex-Loc torch with this fitting for about $175 there. About 15% cheaper than WeldFabulous.com

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

@Richard,
The funny thing is that they are the same company. I usually have to buy from Weldfabulous at work because they accept AMEX and MWSCO doesn't. But for my own purchases I use MSWCO and Arc Zone, with a preference for MWSCO.

@AFSATCOM,
I just used Arc Zone because their site is quick and easy to look up CK part numbers and I figured I'd let him know what price point they listed.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote: @AFSATCOM,
I just used Arc Zone because their site is quick and easy to look up CK part numbers and I figured I'd let him know what price point they listed.

Len
I tend to look at theinfo from manufacturer catalogs andplug the p/n into ghe search bar at weldfab. Fastest way for me to findthings and I'm comfortable I got what I want this way
Nick
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Braehill wrote:The funny thing is that they are the same company.
Yeah, I'd heard that. You might expect the two websites to look very similar (or at least MWSCO's shouldn't be so lacking), and you sure wouldn't expect the prices to be so different. But I'm not complaining!

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
Trevor Schwealdson
    Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:49 am

Wow, thanks for all the advice guys!

Trevor