Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I got some good money for a bunch of old equipment I sold, and I'm gonna upgrade my welder 8-)
I'm looking at the Invertec v205 AC/DC, or the Dynasty 200DX....
I need some opinions.
I'll post this on WW, won't go to MillerWelds though :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm looking for good 6010/7018 performance.
I'm gonna probably get the Coolmate 3 or the HTP Arctic chill 5460, I need opinions on the watercoolers, performance etc.
I'm gonna be doing a bunch of irrigation pipe repair, and some general 1/8 to 1/4 max aluminum, I got heluim, fear not.
which is the best performer, ease of setup / use?
I'll probably be buying a used one.
I'll keep a air cooled 9 and a watercooled 20 around....
I got a nice home built cart, and 155cu ft bottle and regulator already...
How easy are these welder switched from 120 to 230? do you just switch over the plugs and let the welder do the rest??
thanks,
~ John :ugeek:
Last edited by AKweldshop on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

AK,
Without hesitation I would go with the Dynasty 200 DX. I have used one for 8 years with no problems or complaints. I used it with out a cooler because it was our primary portable stick/TIG unit. It runs 6010/6011 and 7018 very well. One thing that was nice in our situation is the Auto-Link. From 120 to 3 phase it always performed well. As far as switching the plugs I don't think it comes factory with a plug, we put on the most common plug we ran into and made several adaptors from there. I have a Diversion at home and will say that Auto-Link is a very nice option. I think you will be very happy with this machine. As far as Helium I don't think you will need it at all on 1/4" Alum with this machine. I am a huge fan of flex neck TIG torches I would make at least one of the torches a flex but that's just me. You should be able to pick one up used at a decent price, just test it out if you can before you buy.

I'd really like to here from a V205 AC/Dc owner and/or operator.

John

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

John,
Can't speak to your welder, but I did see a brand new Bernard 13gal. cooler on Ebay wih a $495 buy it now option. It comes with a flowmeter and a #12 torch if I remember right. The torch is way more amps than anything you will weld with a 200 amp welder but the price is very good for the cooler.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Ak shipping ?
you got the link?
I can did it up.
John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Braehill wrote:John,
Can't speak to your welder, but I did see a brand new Bernard 13gal. cooler on Ebay wih a $495 buy it now option. It comes with a flowmeter and a #12 torch if I remember right. The torch is way more amps than anything you will weld with a 200 amp welder but the price is very good for the cooler.

Len
He don't ship to AK though.
really good price, if somebodies got the amps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bernard-13-Gal- ... 338a62d432

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Since I'm spending your money, get the dynasty and the coolmate. I used that setup at my last job for 8-10 hours a day, the machines were on and in use 24 hrs a day, were 4 years old and performed flawlessly. For home I purchased a htp 220 invertig and it has so far performed to the same standard, though I do like the dynasty interface better. For cooler I like the htp artic chill, but it is louder than the coolmate and you can't use weldtec torches with it. Well you can but the flow alarm will sound constantly unless disabled and it will run hot. When I asked htp about it they said the weldtec doesn't let enough flow through to keep the alarm off. I switched the weldtec to a ck and no alarm, go figure. Of course now I have a couple torches I can't use, but w/e just have to get used to the longer ck handle I guess.
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

I'll sell you my Syncro 250 DX with the tigrunner and cooler package... ;) (so I can go buy a Dynasty... :D )

AKmud wrote:I'll sell you my Syncro 250 DX with the tigrunner and cooler package... ;) (so I can go buy a Dynasty... :D )
Hey Rob, How much you asking???
you can PM me if you like, I might be interested.

John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

PM sent
coldman
  • coldman

You would be happy with both the red or the blue in performance. If the prices are similar (they are in Oz) the blue is American made and the red is Chinese.... . No brainer.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Judging by your location I'd recommend 3 boxes of condoms and a one way ticket south. WAAAAAAY south.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Dude..... this ^^^^ is priceless!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

When you have a problem and you will, Miller people speak Engrish. They have been a priceless resource to me.