Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Same thing in the Airline Industry. :lol:
rick9345 wrote:most machine problems are operator induced
bass.warrior
    Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 am

Just an update on my Eastwood Tig 200. Eastwood issued a Fedex call tag, and the one was picked up the day after I talked to
customer service. A new replace is on the way and Fedex tracking is showing it will be here on tuesday.

Eastwood's tech's and customer service were really easy to work with. I explained what was happening, the steps I went through to make sure it wasn't just a foot pedal issue, and they took care of everything else.
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

bass.warrior wrote:Just an update on my Eastwood Tig 200. Eastwood issued a Fedex call tag, and the one was picked up the day after I talked to
customer service. A new replace is on the way and Fedex tracking is showing it will be here on tuesday.

Eastwood's tech's and customer service were really easy to work with. I explained what was happening, the steps I went through to make sure it wasn't just a foot pedal issue, and they took care of everything else.
I like to hear that! :mrgreen:
MCE
  • MCE
    Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 pm

ThermalArc 186 are very nice. I paid $1700 for mine with foot petal and I love it. Wave balance? once you use it
you won't want to go back. Since I got the TA 186, I haven't even turned on the blue machine.

2 cents...
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

rick9345 wrote:most machine problems are operator induced
And the rest are caused by a bunch of beady eyed scumbags on the board of directors having an engineer by the ballz on how much to spend. They build that garbage for chump change and cram it on you for a fortune.You wave your flag and cheer red and blue but the Chinaman is fixin' to put a stop to that just like the japs did to your crappy automobiles and motorcycles.
BTW Your beloved thermal arc and all things Victor are transitioning as I type.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Antorcha wrote: And the rest are caused by a bunch of beady eyed scumbags on the board of directors having an engineer by the ballz on how much to spend. They build that garbage for chump change and cram it on you for a fortune.You wave your flag and cheer red and blue but the Chinaman is fixin' to put a stop to that just like the japs did to your crappy automobiles and motorcycles.
I see you like to turn discussions into anti-American pissing contests.

Not informative nor helpful in any way.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Antorcha,
How many Engineers, CEO's, Japanese and Chinese members of this forum did you offend with that last post? I think you may want to revisit the Community Conduct & Rules of this forum before making more posts like that.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'll be surprised if there's even one complaint of offense at that post...

We currently have one active member in Japan, and he's an American.

Despite the "less than politically correct" language, there are good points in that post. When Japanese motorcycles first came to the U.S., it re-aligned what we thought of as "affordable", and damn near put HD under (remember the AMF years?) When Japanese cars and trucks first came over, they were where Chinese welders are now (or recently were). The first Toyota trucks in the U.S. didn't even have undercoating to protect from road-salt in winter climates. They've learned a great deal in the last 50 years, and not only make a fine product, but make American companies compete with them for both quality and price.

I think the Chinese will do the same thing with welders, in less than half the time. They already have some fine products, and are constantly improving to move into the advanced markets, so they CAN compete with red and blue.

It's coming. Red and blue will have to produce some simple, STURDY products again, to compete with the machines coming out of China.

Steve S
Arizona SA200
    Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Very well put Steve.
I stack dimes for a living so i can stack dollars for a paycheck.
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 pm

MinnesotaDave wrote:
Antorcha wrote: And the rest are caused by a bunch of beady eyed scumbags on the board of directors having an engineer by the ballz on how much to spend. They build that garbage for chump change and cram it on you for a fortune.You wave your flag and cheer red and blue but the Chinaman is fixin' to put a stop to that just like the japs did to your crappy automobiles and motorcycles.
I see you like to turn discussions into anti-American pissing contests.

Not informative nor helpful in any way.
While I agree that his comment was not germane to my question, it is not far from the truth. The American consumer is driving production of EVERYTHING offshore. We lost craftsman hand tools to china in the last 5 years. The price gap between American and china is growing and the quality gap is shrinking.
Like it or not china crap is improving dramatically.
Arizona SA200

Everything is made in China now. Except for babies, they are made in VaChina.

Arizona SA200 wrote:Everything is made in China now. Except for babies, they are made in VaChina.
Except test-tube babies, who get a womb with a view...
Arizona SA200

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Arizona SA200 wrote:Everything is made in China now. Except for babies, they are made in VaChina.
Wonder if they get womb service?

Arizona SA200 wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:
Wonder if they get womb service?
And if the housekeeper is a Rabbi, he gets a tip?

I have figured out a different way to finance my TIG welder (same budget)
I just sold my AC/DC stick welder, and with this other source of money I have enough to buy the Eastwood now, but I don't have an argon tank so I will wait and see how much I can sock away while I look for an affordable argon tank. who knows maybe I can swing the HTC by the time I find an argon tank. (maybe they will have them for sale by then too.)
Arizona SA200

Except test-tube babies, who get a womb with a view...[/quote]

Wonder if they get womb service?[/quote]

And if the housekeeper is a Rabbi, he gets a tip?[/quote]

Hopefully just the tip and no more. I cant afford to lose any more.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Fred,
You don't have to own an Argon tank, a lot of welding supply stores lease or rent them for either a daily, monthly or like I do, a yearly lease. I pay $69 up front for a whole year and then just pay for the fill, exchanged for a different bottle each time. That way I never have to worry about retests or any of that crap.

I own two smaller cylinders that I use for gas mixes and only get them filled when I need them for a certain job.

Check it out.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Thank you, Len, for getting us back on the topic.

I was having too much fun, and lost the original topic.

Steve S

Braehill wrote:Fred,
You don't have to own an Argon tank, a lot of welding supply stores lease or rent them for either a daily, monthly or like I do, a yearly lease. I pay $69 up front for a whole year and then just pay for the fill, exchanged for a different bottle each time. That way I never have to worry about retests or any of that crap.

I own two smaller cylinders that I use for gas mixes and only get them filled when I need them for a certain job.

Check it out.

Len

sorry but I am a buy not lease kind of guy. I have to own it, it is just the way I am. I always just exchange out whatever tank I own.

my BFF is thinking about parting with a lot of stuff I want (including a bridgeport w/digital readout) and he wants a motorcycle I have. he informed me yesterday of a 125Cf full argon tank he has. he doesn't see himself welding aluminum any time soon.

right now with the cash from my stick welder and all my cashback points, I could buy the eastwood welder. if I sell a vintage shaper I have I could afford the Hobart. if I sell the truck too, then I could afford the watercooled HTC.

Otto Nobedder wrote:Thank you, Len, for getting us back on the topic.

I was having too much fun, and lost the original topic.

Steve S
I like the diversion, I found it punny.....
Arizona SA200

Sorry about the diversion guys. I was in one of those moods. I also prefer to purchase. My LWS usually hooks me up pretty good.
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Arizona SA200 wrote:I also prefer to purchase. My LWS usually hooks me up pretty good.
Who's your preferred LWS? Allied Gases in Tempe has been the most reasonable in my shopping around. I bought a large tank from them at a good price; they'll do exchange or refill, so no issues with recertifying.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
Arizona SA200

My LWS was bought out by Phoenix Welding Supply about 6 years ago but the previous owner still runs the show locally. I worked there a long time ago hence the deals he gives me.