Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 pm

I forgot to turn on the cooler on my dynasty 200... While running a couple welds on some thicker aluminum 3/8, Apparently it makes a lot of smoke/steam when the water cooled line overheats, and ruptures! Don't know why they don't make it plug into the back of the TIG so it comes on at the same time!

Anyone else ever done this? I feel stupid!

Sorry just saw the other thread! Oops
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Sorry to here that. Thank God my Everlast PT 200DX comes with one of them there cooler plugs in the back
or my hoses would look just like yours.

I've done it. Also got lucky many times too and only felt the torch get warm before realizing I forgot to turn the cooler on. Also was using a dynasty 200dx. I am with you in thinking it should plug in to the machine but being a dual voltage machine there are issues in complying with UL or some such BS. All I know is its wAy too easy to forget to turn on the cooler. Especially if your cooler is kinda loud like mine and you leave it off for a few tack welds and then go ahead and weld with it off.
Seen a few blow out from corrosion in water lines too. On some sync 250 units piped into tap water that just drained.

My two cents
Jody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found the hose/cable separate for 65$ not a terrible loss, but a avoidable one none the less.