Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Damit
    Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Can anyone tell me if I can purchase a adapter that goes from a male tig whip (hose) to my machine that uses a female thread. The actual box is a male thread and my existing hose is female and I have purchased a CK 26 that has a male on end of whip.

Thanks
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Never seen that before but virtually all Tig torch ( and plasma ) have 3/8" BSP threads ( UK anyway ) so any local supplier in the air / hydraulic / plumbing trade should be able to supply or order for you a 3/8" BSP equal female / female brass adapter - just be aware all the exposed metal will be live in use as the torch fittings would normally come with a plastic cover - perhaps give it a really good thickness of insulating tape so the HF won't jump anywhere you don't want it.
Damit

Can the hose be cut and have a new end crimped on.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Perhaps.

The best thing would be to take it to your LWS so they can have a look at it and see if they have the necessary fittings.
    Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Do you have a one-piece or two-piece power cable? If you have a two-piece power cable, a "B" size 5/8" x 18 Right Hand Thread Female-to-Female Coupler may work if the box you mention, the male connector has a conical shaped end.

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=2527
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey,

Could you get us a pic of your torch???

It would help.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Damit

Okay here are some pics.
Thanks guys for the help
Attachments
Tig 3.jpg
Tig 3.jpg (87.39 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Tig 2.jpg
Tig 2.jpg (79.99 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Tig 1.jpg
Tig 1.jpg (78.5 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Andy Blyth
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:03 pm

It looks like your torch has a BSP fitting. Something similar to this should work: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-13mm-DI ... 337f68e614.
Damit

I came up with a Aw-405 adapter today but it is BSP 5/8-18 by 9/16 and the fitting on my machine is either M16x1.5 or BSP 5/8
I can't be the only one that has come across this problem.

Thanks
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

I think the one you need is "Gas Hose Coupler (3026)" but... Call CK technical support, they are very helpful, at (800)426-0877. They'll get you squared away.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Damit

I am going to try just a 5/8-18 BSP joiner which I have tried on my machine and fits so so except that it does not have the flare inside to fit my machine so I have added a "O" ring inside which seems to work but wont know till monday when I can get a torch to try. Fat Bob the connector that I am trying is a AW430 which seems to be like the one you are talking about 3026.

Thanks
WaveDude
    Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 pm