Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

As always, first and foremost, Paul P. at HTP America is to thank for hooking me up with all the cool stuff. Seeing as how he knows I have several torches, a while back he sold me some fittings that I am just barely getting to install. Quik-disconnect's on both water lines, AND on the argon hose, make swapping water cooled TIG torches so easy I want to do it all the time! :D

Last edited by Oscar on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

Sweet!
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Those are pretty Cool, Now I have new accessories I will have to look at getting. Always worried about thread wear on the argon fittings.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.

dirtmidget33 wrote:Those are pretty Cool, Now I have new accessories I will have to look at getting. Always worried about thread wear on the argon fittings.
Best part is, Paul @ HTP carries them in stock, and it's cheap. I wanna say it was about ~$25 for everything to retro-fit the machine/cooler and to convert one water-cooled torch to this setup.
dirtmidget33

I have been impressed with the pricing on all there stuff bought my torches, lenses, and tungsten from them. always fast ship time also. There web sit doesn't list some lens parts I was looking far sent them email to see if they had them anyway. They had them in stock and prices was great end of week they where on my torch welding. I see my torches being fitted with these by end of month :D

Thanks for posting these
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.

Better act fast. I was told pricing just went up on nearly everything including what they sell on Ebay. That is why I have been buying anything and everything I need now. I knew inflation was just around the corner.
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Oscar wrote:Better act fast. I was told pricing just went up on nearly everything including what they sell on Ebay. That is why I have been buying anything and everything I need now. I knew inflation was just around the corner.

That's part of the reason I bought mine when I did. Now if they could figure out why the weld craft torches won't flow enough to not trip the flow alarm. I prefer the ones I have over the cks
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

"LIKE"
-Jonathan
SBblacksmith
    Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:51 pm

I am always curious about these machines. How do you find it compares to a miller or lincoln inverter machine?
Famous last words, "Hey guys, watch this!"

Www.SBForge.com

Wes917 wrote:
Oscar wrote:Better act fast. I was told pricing just went up on nearly everything including what they sell on Ebay. That is why I have been buying anything and everything I need now. I knew inflation was just around the corner.

That's part of the reason I bought mine when I did. Now if they could figure out why the weld craft torches won't flow enough to not trip the flow alarm. I prefer the ones I have over the cks
Well a picture speaks a thousand words

BUT....I also have a cheap chinese $15 WP24 and a Weldtec Roto-head torch and neither have caused the flow-alarm to trip. So who knows.
SBblacksmith wrote:I am always curious about these machines. How do you find it compares to a miller or lincoln inverter machine?
Quick, send me a Miller and a Lincoln inverter tig welders and I will tell you asap! :D :lol:
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

SBblacksmith wrote:I am always curious about these machines. How do you find it compares to a miller or lincoln inverter machine?
As far as arc their comparable, I used a dynasty 200 everyday at work for a year. The miller watercooler is quiter, I like the miller foot pedal better (especially the wireless option), and like the interface on the miller a lot more(but that could be because I'm just more used to it). I have not used the htp in a constant use manufacturing environment so can't recommend on that front, but for home use its operated flawlessly for me so far.
dirtmidget33

Oscar you cost me money LOL. I just had to get those disconnects. I love them glad you posted them, and of course if orderind one new toy why not get another to save on shipping!!
0705141252.jpg
0705141252.jpg (70.46 KiB) Viewed 917 times
0705141213[1].jpg
0705141213[1].jpg (36.48 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Here is the other new toy thought I would try one of these out on some special welds and projects
0705141212[1].jpg
0705141212[1].jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 917 times

sweet ;)