Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Zach_T
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

A while back I won a tweco 181i which has the lift arc tig so I started t save up and work when ever I could to order the tig torch specifically for this welder well I finally got it and picked up a bottle of argon from my lws and all I can say is...I LOVE IT!! I had always asked questions and watched pretty much any video Jody made and I spent all last night out welding!
If ya ain't burnin ya ain't earnin
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Zach_T wrote:A while back I won a tweco 181i which has the lift arc tig so I started t save up and work when ever I could to order the tig torch specifically for this welder well I finally got it and picked up a bottle of argon from my lws and all I can say is...I LOVE IT!! I had always asked questions and watched pretty much any video Jody made and I spent all last night out welding!

Congrats??

Pics?? :D
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Addictive!
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Zach_T

AKweldshop wrote:
Zach_T wrote:A while back I won a tweco 181i which has the lift arc tig so I started t save up and work when ever I could to order the tig torch specifically for this welder well I finally got it and picked up a bottle of argon from my lws and all I can say is...I LOVE IT!! I had always asked questions and watched pretty much any video Jody made and I spent all last night out welding!

Congrats??

Pics?? :D
Excuse my lack of clean metal I was to exited and just hit it with a wire wheel!
image.jpg
image.jpg (47.91 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.01 KiB) Viewed 993 times
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

congrats on the win. that looks kinda like a mig weld but my old eye's aren't what they use to be. i recently caught the tig bug myself but wasn't lucky enough to win a machine. i got the t.a. 186 and i'm lovin' it. no expert here but you will get much better results if you clean the material prior to welding. tig hates dirty material.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Cool. Now you can make TIg like MIG :mrgreen:
Nicely stacked Yen.
Zach_T

jwmacawful wrote:congrats on the win. that looks kinda like a mig weld but my old eye's aren't what they use to be. i recently caught the tig bug myself but wasn't lucky enough to win a machine. i got the t.a. 186 and i'm lovin' it. no expert here but you will get much better results if you clean the material prior to welding. tig hates dirty material.
I thought it looked like a mig too but from here on out every piece I weld will be perfectly clean...well to the best of my abilities!