Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Braehill wrote:I've heard it said that some helmets don't like low amperage welds with an inverter's soft arc, but never heard of a Speedglas or Miller Elite being amongst them.

Len
My Esab helmet can suddenly go bright if welding below 20 amps
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I'm with the others something is up with the helmet as I'm sure your at fairly low amps.

My SavePhace and Miller Digital Elite have been fine down low 10amps...
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
markz
    Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:31 pm

I was welding at 50 amps and haven't experienced any arc flashing while welding other pieces at this setting, hence why my initial question was in regard to whether the flash had something to do with the specific weld I was trying to accomplish. I'll be putting a new battery into the helmet later today and will see what happens then.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Flick the knob round to the right, I can't remember if that's gold or red numbers..... However it's called the hidden arc section and it's designed for the irregularities of the Tig arc, they always seem to flash because its easy to block the light momentarily with the torch. Trust me, it doesn't seem possible but it is.
stabdd
    Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:46 am

@welding mike I'm in bendigo myself, lockwood area!

@braehill, Its a HF pulse start machine that runs a 2 pin switch for arc initiation, yellow in color, branded 'Inverter pro- tig/mma 200A' can't find them online... this is the closest example I could find to the one I have: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SPARKWELD-IN ... 4ac41aa6cb
Some things are better off dead. -NOFX
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

That's unreal get on a forum from the other side of the world and meet someone from your backyard. Yell out (personal message) if you need any help.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

stabdd,
Sorry, we have a company in the US called Harbor Freight and we use HF to reference it in posts and we also use HF for high frequency. I was refering to the ealier when talking about the lift arc feature of their blue machine and you apparently were refering to the later. But the problem may well be one in the same.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
stabdd
    Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:46 am

No worries braehil easy mistake to make! I see and hear a lot about harbor freight tools online quite a bit!

@weldin mike, cheers mate, I was thinking the same thing! small world!
Some things are better off dead. -NOFX