Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I played with pulse settings on my machine for the first time and my first time welding stainless. Jonathan and I already established the fact that they are cold but with pulse I was maxed out. What can I do better. I was running a 3/32" 2% lanth tungsten, 1/16" 308 stainless filler and 1/4" thick unknown stainless flat bar. (309 filler didn't have the coloring)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (67.72 KiB) Viewed 555 times
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
angus
  • angus

turn off the pulse.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Matt,
I might have told you this through text already but I think your settings would work better with thinner material. Overall it looks good though.
-Jonathan

Yeah I honestly do not recall where I got this piece of stainless from but I will never use it for anything so I decided to play around on it.
Matt

Do me a favor, run on the same plate beside those beads without the pulse and let's see the difference when you get the chance.
-Jonathan

I did today I maxed out at 200 amps and the first one turned out nice other than a little crooked from me shivering but after that they were gray and I could tell a little hot. What do I need to do different?
Matt

Matt,
You are doing the same thing that I do. Don't have the patience to wait and let the plate cool down before the next pass.
-Jonathan

You know me well! :oops: I have a problem with patience :lol:
Matt