Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
sros
    Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Sure,

An "a" in Norwegian is pronounced like the "a" in "ask" (if you pronounce 'ask' like the English do)
An "å" means you pronounce it like the "a" in "stall" or "all".

So my name is pronounced "Stall - eh" where the last "e" is pronounced like the "e" in "ever". (i.e. not like "ee").
There's no pause between the two syllables so it's supposed to be flowing together like "Stalleh" (but with the letters pronounced like explained before)

...if that made any sense. ;)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Ståle,

That made perfect sense.

Thank you,

Steve (I'm guessing I don't have to explain that one, with your grasp of English :D .)
sros
    Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 pm

:geek: :mrgreen:
Welderforever
    Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:49 am

I’m not sure exactly if the issue you described will be solved but this but if you’re welding tubing you could try to purge the tubing before welding. Basically , fill the tube with argon. This will prevent you from contamination when welding. I know from welding handrails that when reaching the end of the joint, the weld puddle will occasionally “blow out” (not the technical terminology but I don’t know of a better way to word it) as if it is pressurized inside the pipe. I had a hell of a time with every joint where I would try to “seal” it. The only thing I was able to do was to bury a huge amount of filler in the puddle and hope that it sealed. Boss was a cheapskate so purging was not a option. I don’t know if you are having the same problem but with you saying it was intermittent, pay attention to see if your problem is occurring when you’re trying to finish the joint.

The OP's last visit to the forum was in 2016

Concerning your blowout, this is normal and a purge would do the same. Best to stop the weld just before closing it off, let the joint cool then go back and seal it. The smaller the internal volume the harder this would be, a large enough internal volume you may not have a problem at all.
Richard
Website