Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
joshuanaaa
    Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 am

Im tig welding alot at work, but im starting to feel sore in my wrists from walking the cup all day. How do you guys avoid this? Should I buy glucosamine and chondroitin? Does this happen to any body else?
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Do you have to walk the cup every time? Have you tried breaking it up a bit free handing maybe the first pass and cup walk the cap?
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Mr. Moose
    Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Sounds like you may be tensing up more than you need to. Try consciously relaxing and making sure that you are in the best, most comfortable position. You may still get wrist or forearm pain, but the tighter you hold the torch, the less time it takes to get the carpal tunnel type condition that sounds like what you're describing... Maybe practice welding using your other hand, and alternate...?
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Walking the cup shouldn't be all wrist, your arm should be moving with the wrist stiff for the most part. If your doing all wrist movement I could see that being a very bad thing.....

However both of the supplements you mention do help, a buddy swears by a drink he uses that has gluecosamin in it for his knees. Felt the difference....

I'm sitting in my hot tub right now sore as can be, I fins that helps as well. Drinking coffee watching all this frozen crap melt so we can get another 12" tonight.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB