Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
KEJ76
    Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 am

Hello all. I recently purchased the everlast power pro 256s. My question is this, I have a air cooled WP-17 FV Tig torch that I want to use when I don't want to use my water cooled torch. Can I hook my air cooled torch onto the stick electrode holder and use the air cooled torch with this machine?
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/sites ... 202013.pdf
KEJ76 wrote:Hello all. I recently purchased the everlast power pro 256s. My question is this, I have a air cooled WP-17 FV Tig torch that I want to use when I don't want to use my water cooled torch. Can I hook my air cooled torch onto the stick electrode holder and use the air cooled torch with this machine?
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

The short answer is yes, but the longer answer is yes because ALL your leads plug into either the positive or negative port, depending on your application. For a water cooled torch, there are water lines in and out of the torch that connect to the cooler; an air-cooled torch jacks into the same ports, positive or negative depending on polarity, just without the connections to the water cooler.

Congratulations on the new machine! Delicate question: are you familiar with the different polarities of different processes? Took me a while to get it, so thought I'd ask.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
KEJ76
    Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks Artie. No worries, I wasn't insulted. Hard to know people's background in a forum. I took welding in high school and welding was my major in college. I cut my Tig welding teeth on a old Miller Syncrowave 250. These new inverter style Tig machines are new to me, especially with the bells and whistles that my Everlast has. I'm just wanting to make sure I can run my welder in that configuration and not damage it. You can't leave one stone unturned with this welder when setting up different processes. One wrong flip of a switch and you're calling tech support and ordering a part to get it up and running again!
Thanks for your input.