Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
themadreefer
    Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:34 am

just wanted to say this is a very cool item from keeping finger(s) from being melted.
now only if you were to make these into a pair of gloves........
thanks
footboarder
    Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I was given the site here as to where to buy the finger. I put a package ($9.99) in my 'Cart' but there is no way to Check Out on the WeldingTipsand Tricks page. Where did you buy yours?
Rugar
    Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

footboarder wrote:I was given the site here as to where to buy the finger. I put a package ($9.99) in my 'Cart' but there is no way to Check Out on the WeldingTipsand Tricks page. Where did you buy yours?
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/til ... inger.html
Millermatic 251
Spectrum 300 Plasma
Everlast PowerTig 250EX
Everlast PowerCool W300
Harris/Victor OA
Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
48" Brake
Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.
Curly
    Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 am

They are a really cool little item and make moving allong the weld "sliding" so much easier.
Regards Curly
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

now only if you were to make these into a pair of gloves........
I would pay buku bucks for a pair of novex ( i think thats what those tig fingers are) gloves. I bet they'd last forever too.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

The tig finger is not meant to protect your entire hand, that would defeat the principal. I burn rod down to the last two inches and never get too hot but my finger laying on the material gets hot and that's when that tig finger is a miracle.

The Tillman deerskin's or the Kevlar are the gloves I use. The light weight leather gloves are O.K. too but they tend to accumulate heat.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

I understand the tig fingers not meant to protect your whole hand, but i tell ya what-i use tillman kidd skins, and with nothin underneath, both my hands get hot when I weld aluminum(not so much steels). Now, I use an air cooled torch mind you, and I know thats the problem for my torch hand. My rod hand only gets hot in certain positions. Im just sayin they would be good for the less experienced guys just learnin.Then again, guess ya dont wanna teach em any bad habits.

I wanna try those Kevlar ones but the damn supply store by me is -always- out of em. Guess ill have em hold me a pair next time, didnt know if they were that good or not.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

I had to order mine just so I got a pair. The stores around me can't keep them in stock. I've got a couple of pairs of the kid skins but they hold the heat too. The deer skins don't seem to do that for some reason. They're not that expensive and might just help you keep a little cooler. I think another aid is the mixed gas. Don't get me wrong, the aluminum will get just as hot but the heat seems to stay back a little better. It might also be that my speed is increased a lot more with the ar/he mix.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
tom275
    Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:45 am

I purchased a couple tig fingers and like them very much with the exception that the ends fray and you can't use them for very long. I would like to buy more if the problem were fixed.
ronnie01
    Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Ends don't fray if you don't pull it apart?