Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

noddybrian wrote: ... say whats the deal with powder prices where you are - it's got ridiculous here & some are virtually unobtainable like Varget which I used to load a lot.
Powder prices are nuts compared to what I used to pay, but so are prices on most everything if we compare to the 70s or 80s. I think last time I bought W231 or W296 it was about $35 per pound. The real problem is the spotty availability. I've had pure hell finding H335 for loading 5.56 X 45. Got lucky a while back, though, and found a 1000 round box of XM193 5.56 X 45 for $309. Can't hardly load it for that anymore. I just keep hoping availability will go back to what it used to be, even if the price stays where it is. I don't really mind paying for it, IF I can get it.

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Me too ! it's not like this is the only post that wandered off topic & I'm going to bet there are fellow reloaders here.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

On a side note, the company I work for makes almost half of the sporting shooters ammo for the US market at their Aussie munitions factory.
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

The only reason that I still have stock of my preferred powders and primers is that the local range fees have gotten crazy.

About the bug guns, I never got to even watch from the firing line,but the bulig mortars were always entertaining to feel when they were live firing on base, and shaking the buildings miles away.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.