Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Backsheddave
    Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:46 am

My new Tig welder arrived this week, :D its a Jasic wse200p (made in china). I've never used a tig before, so while waiting for the machine to arrive, I spent my nights watching Jodys fine videos to get me started. Set up the machine today, got the hang of what all the knobs did, so here is a couple of pics of my first go at padding beads....... yes on aluminium.
002.JPG
002.JPG (38.53 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
003.JPG
003.JPG (40.56 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
Yes well, plenty to learn yet ;)
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

just goes to prove how informative and valuable
Jody's videos really are.
buy something from his store.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

motox wrote:just goes to prove how informative and valuable
craig
especially when welding aluminum. You need a TIG Finger or two.
Backsheddave

craig
Ordered a Big Finger Bundle and a Tig finger from his store last week, I can get similar products here in New Zealand but thought it would be nice to support Jody.
Backsheddave

Oscar wrote:
craig
especially when welding aluminum. You need a TIG Finger or two.
Yeah aluminium gets HHHHot real quick, couldn't agree more
szczurolapka
    Sun May 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Everyone have right
lwhaples
    Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Nice! I had close to the same results. Picked up some of Jody's DVD's and had an idea on how to go about trying to tig weld. Looks like you will only get better.
tuangianglion
    Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Backsheddave wrote:My new Tig welder arrived this week, :D its a Jasic wse200p (made in china). I've never used a tig before, so while waiting for the machine to arrive, I spent my nights watching Jodys fine videos to get me started. Set up the machine today, got the hang of what all the knobs did, so here is a couple of pics of my first go at padding beads....... yes on aluminium.
002.JPG
003.JPG
Yes well, plenty to learn yet ;)

Oh..nice ..you can to consult here
http://www.weldtec.com.vn/tu-van/cach-h ... m-han.html
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I've banned this Guy ^ spam bot
Backsheddave

weldin mike 27 wrote:I've banned this Guy ^ spam bot
Ok cheers mike, will stay clear of that address.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

The address is likely fine, it's just the annoying software people use to get people to visit their sites. Annoying here on the forum.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Big mistake you are making. Don't run multiple beads one after the other on the same piece of aluminum. It pre heats fast and you will constantly have to adjust multiple welding parameters to compensate for the pre heat from previous beads. Make a dozen 2"x 6" coupons. Weld a bead on the first one and set it aside. Repeat on the next coupon until you have done all the coupons and now repeat starting with first coupon that will now be cooled off. Repeat.... This way you don't have to adjust amps, travel speed, filler rate etc. Learn correct, consistent technique first. Also run full length beads and learn to feed the tig rod
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

soutthpaw wrote:Big mistake you are making. Don't run multiple beads one after the other on the same piece of aluminum. It pre heats fast and you will constantly have to adjust multiple welding parameters to compensate for the pre heat from previous beads. Make a dozen 2"x 6" coupons. Weld a bead on the first one and set it aside. Repeat on the next coupon until you have done all the coupons and now repeat starting with first coupon that will now be cooled off. Repeat.... This way you don't have to adjust amps, travel speed, filler rate etc. Learn correct, consistent technique first. Also run full length beads and learn to feed the tig rod
Good Point Southpaw ;)
Aluminum beads will tend to deteriorate or least look bad when the base metal gets to hot. This has been my experience at least. :) I believe Jody has a video stating this, something about even cooling off with a air compressor after it gets to hot.
This isn't the video I was thinking of but is't still very informative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... WNZioJ_FOc
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Backsheddave

soutthpaw wrote:Big mistake you are making. Don't run multiple beads one after the other on the same piece of aluminum. It pre heats fast and you will constantly have to adjust multiple welding parameters to compensate for the pre heat from previous beads. Make a dozen 2"x 6" coupons. Weld a bead on the first one and set it aside. Repeat on the next coupon until you have done all the coupons and now repeat starting with first coupon that will now be cooled off. Repeat.... This way you don't have to adjust amps, travel speed, filler rate etc. Learn correct, consistent technique first. Also run full length beads and learn to feed the tig rod

Excellent tips, cheers