Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Glad you found the issue. Now come back and show us some awesome welds! 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

amateurwelder wrote:Problem solved! I ended up swapping out a third tank of argon and the problem went away...

Thank you for your help!
Been following this thread, so many times it's the easy thing that will fix a problem, don't know about everyone here, but it is very rare to get a bad bottle of gas, but it can have you looking everywhere else, even at $1000 motherboards! :o
The good news is you've had a through "going over" of the unit
Richard
Website
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Bad gas is not so rare around here. I went through the same thing the OP did when I bought a used Syncrowave 200. It worked fine at the sellers shop and when I got it home it would not weld. I tried everything (except coming here for help :oops: ) and my friend suggested bad gas and he was right. I have had one other incident of a bad bottle but since changing to a new distributor, I have had any problems. My buddy is a boilermaker and he tells me they get bad fills all the time from...starts with an A...ends with an S.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Glad it was just bad gas, I had a older syncrowave 250 that needed a main board and it cost around 800.00 to repair. I found out later that there are companies that repair these boards for quite a bit cheaper than a new board.. :(

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225

pgk wrote:Glad it was just bad gas, I had a older syncrowave 250 that needed a main board and it cost around 800.00 to repair. I found out later that there are companies that repair these boards for quite a bit cheaper than a new board.. :(
Pete
Can you provide links to these companies?
Richard
Website
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

I had the board replaced well over ten years ago, I believe the guy that fixed it informed me of this which kind of pissed me off as it was after the fact but they were at the time a miller authorized repair shop. I'm sure if you checked online for board repair shop you could find someone. If I can find the place he had recommended I'll let ya know. :)
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225