Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
austin_blackk
    Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Hey everyone spook I'm new here and have a few questions. I'm being trained and by that I mean given a torch and told to weld :lol: to do aluminum tubing with tig. I've never tig welded before but have always wanted to and I've finally gotten the chance and if I can get good at it then I've got a job. But anyways it is a pain in my @$$ either I'm too hot too cold stabbing my tungsten with the filler rod or the filler rod melting back every time I go to dab it. They've got me manually pulsing it with the foot pedal also. But if anyone has some tips it would be awesome!!
'Stang
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Best tip I can give you-buy a Tig finger, and watch some of Jody's videos. Learning tig is not easy. Learning on aluminum tubing is insane! They must not like you very much!
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

yes, watch Jody's videos.

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/

Then watch some more, then practice, then watch them again. This will definitely be your fastest way to come up to speed
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc