Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Welder kurt
    Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Northwest industrial fabrications, sorry Otto didn't think about anyone being on here from my area, I'm not heart broken they have no benefits or insurance for their employees but I needed the work, and I' personally saw the failure the HR 120 disk came out looking like a taco were it pushed through from the ring not having enough surface weld or at least that's what I believe to be the cause,
Welder kurt

Yes I live in a right to work state, but I have one question for you Otto does RA330 weld similarly to HR120 the new job offer does a lot of that material
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welder kurt wrote:... does RA330 weld similarly to HR120 the new job offer does a lot of that material
I have to admit, I have no idea. I would expect at least some similarity, as it's not comparing 304 to 90/10 Cu/Ni, for example.

I have no experience with duplex steels.

I suspect someone here will be able to answer, though.

Steve S
Welder kurt

Well my experience with HR120 has always been positive however it does not weld like regular stainless at all. It will crack easy through the center of the weld bead and crater crack at the end if you don't taper off super slow and back step a bit while adding a small dab of filler, use a big cup and a gas lense with 556 filler and no problems. I do know from experience that too much heat input will ruin it fast but it's less tolerant of heat input than other stainless materials hope this helps any body in the future.
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Wow...glad you took pics and had some evidence, sounds like this will be good in the end however.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB

Welder kurt wrote:Yes I live in a right to work state, but I have one question for you Otto does RA330 weld similarly to HR120 the new job offer does a lot of that material
Here is the information you need to weld RA330
http://www.rolledalloys.com/alloys/nick ... /ra330/en/

Also there is a 12 page PDF file you'll want to read, the link is in the menu as shown in my attachment
RA330.JPG
RA330.JPG (49.09 KiB) Viewed 447 times
Richard
Website
Welder kurt

Thanks for that Lt Badd