Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Bill Waters
    Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Searched and couldn't find any posts on this topic: am posting for the first time on this forum to ask if anyone has experience with the new Lincoln Aspect 375 TIG machine? Am considering getting one. Have several other TIG welders, just enjoy using different welders for the fun of it.

Jody featured it in a brief review at the Chicago show of 2014, but don't believe he's had a chance yet to do a thorough review yet.

Thanks
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Bill,

I've used the PrecisionTig 375, which is a transformer machine, so it's not a good comparison. I have used an advanced Lincoln square-wave TIG inverter with adjustable frequency to 400 Hz, and absolutely loved what it could do. This was about 5 years ago, and I can't recall the specific machine, but that adjustable frequency, along with pulse functions, made aluminum (down to 3/8" 6061 instrument tube, .049 wall) a dream to weld.

Hopefully someone will be able to comment on the specific machine. My "yahoo" search gave me many results, so reviews are out there, but if someone here can comment, you can put a better level of trust in it as you can vet the poster.

Steve S
Bill Waters

Thanks, Steve;

I have similar machines. Reading the "quick start" page about the Aspect 375 available on Lincoln's Web site, it's amazingly sophisticated and customizable.

We'll see if someone chimes in. If not, I may have to answer my own question in a week or two....

Bill
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Just to make this clear, the Aspect 375 *****ONLY GOES TO 250 AMPS ON 230v 1PH INPUT POWER! *****

So if you only have single phase, your better off with the Miller Dynasty 280.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Bill Waters

You definitely have a point, AK; however, the Lincoln machine is about $500 cheaper.

I have a few Lincoln TIG welders, and was hoping someone could comment on the weld experience with the 375. A bonus would be if someone could compare it with the Dynasty, but I realize the likelihood of that is low.

Thanks
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

AKweldshop wrote:Just to make this clear, the Aspect 375 *****ONLY GOES TO 250 AMPS ON 230v 1PH INPUT POWER! *****

So if you only have single phase, your better off with the Miller Dynasty 280.
Yea they really shot themselves in the foot by not working around that, even if it is cheaper initially.
Bill Waters

Looking at the spec sheets, it appears that the Aspect 375 has a 60% duty cycle at 225 amps, while the Dynasty has a 60% duty cycle at 200 amps on single phase power).

I guess the reality is that to go higher in amp rating realistically in either the Lincoln or Miller line of inverter machines requires 3 phase power. My need will not exceed 1/4 material, so either would work.
Alumike
    Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 pm

I too would like to see some review of this machine. IIRC someone here had been selected by Lincoln to evaluate this machine in his shop. I saw this machine in action last Dec. at the PRI show. There was a fellow in the Lincoln booth doing demos by building intake manifolds. He works for a company that custom builds intakes. This guy (Robby is his name) was there last year using a Precision Tig machine and seemed to do just as fine a job as with the Aspect. Just by name alone I thought this machine would compare with Dynasty 350. I didn't really look at specs. I was hoping to get a bit of arc time with it, but Lincoln was not allowing that. We could watch the demo guy but that was all. There were however allowing time with their migs and I believe with their plasma cutters. Miller was allowing arc time. I believe that the Aspect does not have stick arc mode where the Dynasty does. If I remember correctly there was about 3.5k difference in otd price. The Lincoln was 6.5k and the Miller 10k otd ready to work. Lincoln was taking orders for the machine because they had none to sell. They were not yet in full production. Lincoln also quoted full list price + sales tax. Miller was giving pretty nice show discounts. It seems that LWS do not stock high end machines, so I don't know where to see them other than trade shows. Happily Fabtech is in Chicago this year and I plan to attend.

Bill Waters wrote:Looking at the spec sheets, it appears that the Aspect 375 has a 60% duty cycle at 225 amps, while the Dynasty has a 60% duty cycle at 200 amps on single phase power).

I guess the reality is that to go higher in amp rating realistically in either the Lincoln or Miller line of inverter machines requires 3 phase power. My need will not exceed 1/4 material, so either would work.
The new Miller Dynasty 210dx also has 60% duty cycle, but at 210A(!). Crazy nice machine.

Here's the Aspect 300.

100% duty cycle at 200amps.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTHRlf ... jEwwIMXos-

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Alumike wrote:I too would like to see some review of this machine. IIRC someone here had been selected by Lincoln to evaluate this machine in his shop. I saw this machine in action last Dec. at the PRI show. There was a fellow in the Lincoln booth doing demos by building intake manifolds. He works for a company that custom builds intakes. This guy (Robby is his name) was there last year using a Precision Tig machine and seemed to do just as fine a job as with the Aspect. Just by name alone I thought this machine would compare with Dynasty 350. I didn't really look at specs. I was hoping to get a bit of arc time with it, but Lincoln was not allowing that. We could watch the demo guy but that was all. There were however allowing time with their migs and I believe with their plasma cutters. Miller was allowing arc time. I believe that the Aspect does not have stick arc mode where the Dynasty does. If I remember correctly there was about 3.5k difference in otd price. The Lincoln was 6.5k and the Miller 10k otd ready to work. Lincoln was taking orders for the machine because they had none to sell. They were not yet in full production. Lincoln also quoted full list price + sales tax. Miller was giving pretty nice show discounts. It seems that LWS do not stock high end machines, so I don't know where to see them other than trade shows. Happily Fabtech is in Chicago this year and I plan to attend.

The 375 does Stick fyi.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO81KN ... _UOdbXUlw-

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

AKweldshop wrote:Here's the Aspect 300.

even worse, that one is 3-phase only according to the manual.

Oscar wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:Here's the Aspect 300.

even worse, that one is 3-phase only according to the manual.
Oh my, what is Lincoln thinking?! :?

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

The 300 is not for sale in the US.
Bill Waters

Despite my longstanding red-bias, I folded up like a cheap lawn chair and ordered a Miller Dynasty 280 with a Coolmate 1.3 and a wireless. I'm sure it will be a great machine.
Thanks
    Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

Bill Waters wrote:Despite my longstanding red-bias, I folded up like a cheap lawn chair and ordered a Miller Dynasty 280 with a Coolmate 1.3 and a wireless. I'm sure it will be a great machine.
Thanks
I did the same thing. When I was in the market for a new machine the Aspect was too new for the regular sales guys. The area Lincoln manager was in town when I was looking. He came by and told me all about it. He also said Miller makes the best Tig machines, buy one of them.

Skylineauto wrote:I did the same thing. When I was in the market for a new machine the Aspect was too new for the regular sales guys. The area Lincoln manager was in town when I was looking. He came by and told me all about it. He also said Miller makes the best Tig machines, buy one of them.
Are you serious? I mean, I know about Miller making the best TIGs, but did the Lincoln Rep actually say that?
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I will let you in on a little secret now that it has been months since the last FABTECH. They didn't release the Aspect 375 yet because it was still in Beta testing and they were still working out some of the bugs. They say everything is a go now though. I have not struck a arc with it but those "in the know" say it is a fantastic machine. I wanted one for my garage until I found out about the 250 amp on singe phase thing.

Well, since you have purchased the 280 let us know how you like that machine!
-Jonathan
    Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 pm

I was one of the bata testers of the Aspect last year. In my almost 40 years of tig welding I have used a lot of machines and the aspect is second to none, AC control is amazing . We just got one and I have had limited time to mass with it again. I don't have time right now to find it but if you search my posts you should find something about it.
John
Learn 6010 and you will learn to weld
Follow the progress of my students on Twitter @PentaWelding