Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Lucas
    Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:04 am

Hi there everyone first time posting but long time viewer of welding tips and tricks.I recently purchased a weldsmart brand and 250A tig( can be found on ebay.come.au),it came with a foot pedal with the dial wich I can live with for the price and almost everything on the machine works great except for when I try to weld on pulse I can't use the foot control to control amps it works only as an on and off switch but if it turn pulse off the foot control works perfectly without pulse on, giving more amps the further I press the pedal,the supplier is telling me that there is 2 wires in the foot control around the wrong way.what is happening when I turn on remote and pulse the machine will only let me set peak amps using the dial on the machine but no control over background percentage, I thought (and there's a big chance I'm wrong) that the dial on the pedal controls peak amps and I assumed that you should be able to adjust the background percent to set the pulse parameters. I have taken picsof inside the pedal but can't figure out how to upload them on here,any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, cheers Lucas
Phil
    Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:49 pm

I downloaded Gimp its a free photo editing software that's just as powerful as photo shop. That how I compressed my picture files taken with my Samsung S5 and got them on my post. Remember your pictures can't be any bigger then 256KB. Go to youtube and watch how to compress photos in Gimp.
To get your photos in your post put your cursor where you want it in your text, then go to the bottom of the page and click the "Upload attachment". Real easy once you figure it out. I'm a newbie and It did take me awhile... :?
Miller Dynasty 200DX Argon/Helium Y in
Hypertherm Plasma cutter
oxy/acetylene Harris, Smith, Meco Midget
Wilton vertical bandsaw
Rockwood Drill Press
Dayton 8" bench grinder

Lucas wrote:Hi there everyone first time posting but long time viewer of welding tips and tricks.I recently purchased a weldsmart brand and 250A tig( can be found on ebay.come.au),it came with a foot pedal with the dial wich I can live with for the price and almost everything on the machine works great except for when I try to weld on pulse I can't use the foot control to control amps it works only as an on and off switch but if it turn pulse off the foot control works perfectly without pulse on, giving more amps the further I press the pedal,the supplier is telling me that there is 2 wires in the foot control around the wrong way.what is happening when I turn on remote and pulse the machine will only let me set peak amps using the dial on the machine but no control over background percentage, I thought (and there's a big chance I'm wrong) that the dial on the pedal controls peak amps and I assumed that you should be able to adjust the background percent to set the pulse parameters. I have taken picsof inside the pedal but can't figure out how to upload them on here,any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, cheers Lucas
Hey Lucas
Below is a link to instructions for attaching a photo, just be sure its 256k or smaller. If you're using a phone or a "real" camera you can setup the device to take a smaller pic if yours are too large, or use a simple photo editor to resize if necessary http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Here is the link for upload instructions http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =25&t=2466

Hope that helps

Richard
Richard
Website