Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Wkydd1
    Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 am

Has anybody out there tried to use EZWELD flux core rod to weld heavy cast iron.
Was wondering if it would be as good as aluminum bronze rod
On their video it looks pretty good,says preheat not necessary??
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill
Phil
    Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Haven't tried the flux core EZWELD, but I purchase a tube of the EZWELD tig wire and have been testing and playing with it on cast iron exhaust manifolds. So far it looks like it does a better job then aluminum bronze, I haven't been using any preheat and no cracks, also has great color match. I have a post up now showing the manifold I am currently working on. Having a real problem today on the area where a previous repair had been done with nirod. When I light up on that area a lot of popping and spitting going on thats contaminating my tungsten. Spent a lot of time sharping today. Currently EZWELD is only available in 1/16 diameter. Hope this helps
Miller Dynasty 200DX Argon/Helium Y in
Hypertherm Plasma cutter
oxy/acetylene Harris, Smith, Meco Midget
Wilton vertical bandsaw
Rockwood Drill Press
Dayton 8" bench grinder
    Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Never heard about these before, but I'm definitely going to order some and try them out!
Tyler
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Curious. Is there any disclaimers on the package about thickness of material? Like if it was thick cast would I need to grind out the crack? Is it rated for high stress areas?
I have more questions than answers

Josh