Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
dunkster
    Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Recently I was given some filler rod, probably the 3rd or 4th recipient now of this so who knows where it came from.
Anyway, some of it is what looks like your basic copper colored ER70-S2 or S6, except it's marked with"XFR106T",
along with what most likely the run lot # on the backside of this. The "F" could also very well be an "E" as the text is all offset kind of low. Just wondering if anyone out there recognizes this stuff. Thanks guys.

- Rusty
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I can find 2 references to filler wire like this. One is for OA welding of carbon. The second is a ASME rated filler wire for code welds on pressure vessels. If it has a heat no stamped on the back side I would guess that's what it is. If so its just ER70 that had fancy paper work to prove we're it came from.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
dunkster
    Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks Josh. Just looked on the backside and that number is 004543...I have no idea what that is.

Any hint on whether this is S-2 or S-6? Or something else?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

That might be a heat number. Like a serial number to prove that the rod matches the paper work.
I have more questions than answers

Josh