Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Polobbie
    Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Hello,

I have a Sycrowave 351 with a V3 Cooler, and I am on the verge of purchasing an Everlast 255ext. I'd rather not add the expense and use of space for Everlast's cooler unless I really need to. Both machines will pretty much live right next to one another in my shop. Does anyone have experience with two machines sharing one cooler? I would be O.K. with adding quick water disconnects to switch between the two machines since it won't happen that often. On the other hand, I do wonder about unintended consequences. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Polobbie,
Welcome to the forum.

I have a little experience in running more than one welder from one cooler. In addition to that I have a system that runs two torches from the same welder. There is a chance of forgetting to change lines to the welder you're using. What you can do is just let the water circulate through the welder that you're not using. It means you'll have to add a little more coolant up front, but it cuts down the chance forgetting. You'll also have to have the cooler on it's own power source, which requires remembering to turn it on before you start welding. The water lines can be teed' between the inlet and outlet of each machine.

If you forget to turn it on just once, it will be a $100 lesson, but a separate cooler adds about $300-400 from Everlast and their cooler is quite noisy, I know, my son has one.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

There is a production shop I do some mechanical work for near me and all there fab guys share coolers. 1 cooler two welder. They do a lot of SS food grade equipment. Most is 1/4 in or less they've been doing it that way for years good or bad it does work.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

magnetic switch activated by either welder being turned on to run cooler
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

rick9345 wrote:magnetic switch activated by either welder being turned on to run cooler
Explain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

sketch
Attachments
sketch
sketch
welder_cooler.jpeg (42.55 KiB) Viewed 675 times
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe

another way

2 welders, 2 torches, 1 gas, 1 cooler.

cooler always comes on with one of the welders

just tap off of welders on/off with what ever voltage cooler needs, assume one is using 220V for both welders
Attachments
cooler.jpeg
cooler.jpeg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 671 times
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks! It was the magnetic switch part that I was curious about. I like the diodes too (don't see those often in a home brew drawing on scrap paper!)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I know the Everlast 250EX has a 220vac output for the cooler and thus uses their dual voltage or 220vac colder. I believe the EXT is the same

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos
DSM8
    Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Just a thought but if your the only one that will be using the coolers then it kind of makes sense to just run it through both torches in series. It wont hurt anything and you eliminate the chance of using a torch and it not getting coolant. Since it will be an analog system so long as you see flow @ the outlet window of your cooler you know both torches are getting flow and your good to go.

That is what I would do personally. If there is the chance both torches will be used at the same time then that is a different matter all together.