Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
CE CLECKLER
    Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:45 am

hello all, new on here and havent been able to read everything, so im sorry if i have missed this. i am planning to purchase a new everlast tig machine, i have done the comparisons and have narrowed them down to 3 or 4 machines: 225 lx, 250ex, 255ext, and maybe the 210ext. the 255 is close to the top of my spending limit, or id probably just go there. just wondering thoughts or recommendations, pros/cons, any/all needs of aftermarket up grades ie; torches or pedals. i am a home shop welder so it wont be a daily driver. thank you in advance for any advise.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Rick and I have a PowerTIG250EX and love them, others have a combination of the others. I asked for a 20 series torch since I got the water cooler and their upgraded pedal, which after wheeling and dealing came in to just under what they were asking for the welder and water-cooled without the upgrades. .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

CE CLECKLER wrote:close to the top of my spending limit
Do you already have argon, all the PPE, filler rod, some kind of cutting equipment, etc? These can affect your budget.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Polobbie
    Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:35 pm

I purchased the 255ext with water cooler about 6 weeks ago, whereas I have been using a Miller Syncrowave 351 transformer based machine for many years previously. So far so good with the 255. There has been a definite learning curve to using the inverter with all the available settings, but I am getting better results as time goes by. I have not yet taken the machine above 190 amps. The few small issues I've had I believe were more operator error than the machine. I used Everest's air cooled torch for a while without any noticeable issues before setting up the water cooler. Everlast's deluxe foot pedal seems to function adequately as well. I purchased a CK torch with super flex lines without ever using the water cooled torch provided by Everlast. There could very well be slightly better arc characteristics with a Miller, but set up and welder error will totally outweigh the small differences between machines in my opinion. Time will tell, but thus far I have had no regrets or reason to consider returning the 255ext.
CE CLECKLER

Artie F. Emm wrote:
CE CLECKLER wrote:close to the top of my spending limit
Do you already have argon, all the PPE, filler rod, some kind of cutting equipment, etc? These can affect your budget.
i'll have to get the argon and filler rod, and had sort of figured that had to be with any machine but thank you
CE CLECKLER

Mike wrote:Welcome to the forum.

thank you
CE CLECKLER

Ordered my 250EX today. the salesman was trying to win a trip or something he said, upgraded foot petal, upgraded torch, through in a 17F torch, upgraded the the starter pack, and ate the state sales tax. he said they had them in stock should be here this week. cant wait. :D