Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Robajob23
    Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am

Just wondering opinions fromt he folks across the pong i think i could touch up the uniformaty of the welds and try to stop the oxide some more just been scotch pad rubbing it off
just wondered opinions etc. i make aluminium scaffolding at work the boards and truts etc and Qs and critisise away lol....be gentle

ImageImageImage ImageImageImage

im after trying to lower the oxide down and stop the endings been so concaved i think it is with a little crater type hole
capozzoli
    Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Welds look great. The only thing I would ask is, why dont the welds go the whole width of the tube. Is there a reason they stop short?

As far as the crater. You can set the crater time if that option is on your machine. The crater time will start when you let the pedal off completely and it will taper down and fill the crater. If it does not have the crater function you can do it manually by slowly backing off of the pedal and the crater will fill.

For oxide removal a stainless steel wire brush works great. Never use a steel wire brush.
Welding everything from the crack of dawn to a broken heart.
Robajob23
    Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am

the box section is raised to the top of the strut where there is a lip hanging over it think its for looks tht it doesnt go all way up as would burn through the lip at the top and the board tht people stand on wont slide in to the recess think it has its a fronius syncrowave 2600 if i remember right and no pedal just button on the gun :P
capozzoli
    Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Look at the machine and see if it has a crater time function. If it does It should have an on off switch and a dial to adjust the amount of crater time you want. Then when you dial back on the finger controller until it is off hold the torch still at the end of the weld and it will taper off and fill the crater.

Im not sure how your finger controller works is it a dial? Or more like a throttle? Man, I hate finger controllers, got ta have me a pedal.
Welding everything from the crack of dawn to a broken heart.